Dr. Avis Turner MD Patient Reviews

1.7

• Good
  • Bad

January 18th, 2012
My first appointment went well....
although I am not quite sure I got a thorough diagnosis as to what my ailment was. I was told that she would make an appointment with another doctor for me to see as well. When she called back with my test results a week later, I asked if the appointment had been made and she said "Oh, ok. I will do that now." It was around the holidays at that point. Then when it was time for my follow up appointment, I showed up and there was one other patient in the office with me. They took me back for blood pressure, weight, etc and then sent me into an exam room where I waited for over an hour. I could hear her walking in and out of other patient rooms while I waited. Keep in mind there was only one other patient there when I arrived. So after waiting an hour in the room I left. I was told that she would be with me shortly, however I had already been at my appointment for an hour and a half and needed to get to work. I will not be going back to her office.

December 17th, 2011
Dr. Turner is thorough in her referrals. However she is very religious and that put me on edge. I have an IUC and she expressed her dismay over it. She gave me a lenghty lecture while I was in the stirrups about why I should have children and how my womb was created to carry children. I informed her that I am not interested in having children ever and she went on to interrogate me as to why. She made me feel extremely uncomfortable, more so than normal in the stirrups, over her prolife procreation views. This is something that is a personal decision and I don't think any doctor has any business of quesitoning it.

January 21st, 2016