Dr. Avisa Abaian MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology San Bernardino, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2013
Old office and old equipment. TERRIBLE follow up and TERRIBLE staff. Rude and incoinsiderate of patients and family concerns. The Dr. was nice but doesnt do any good when the staff is no good. Would not reccomend this doctor and will also let the Dr. who gave me the referral how this experience was.

January 18th, 2012
Horrible phone staff
1st time I made an appt. they gave me a date when the office is closed. I showed up and called and was told the office is always closed on that day so my appt. couldn't have been that day. So then I asked her to check the dates around it and there was NOTHING at all for me. It was as if I had hallucinated the appt. process. 2nd appt. went well -- until I went to lab. They spelled my name wrong on the slip. A common and slight mistake. Lab wouldn't draw blood until they confirmed with the office. Couldn't get ahold of them. Mind you, I had my driver's license and ID with me, but no. So they're hard to get ahold of. I was supposed to receive a referral for a mammogram. 2 months later, never got it. I called 2 weeks ago to check and they said they'd call me back next day. Nope. I called again today and was told it was in the computer. I was berated for them having spelled my name wrong and told I had to tell front office staff when I go in (I'm not going for another year) and that back office staff is not responsible for changing that. So they gave me info for referral. I asked what had gone wrong, why no one had called me or given referral and was spoken to rudely and told that that wasn't this person's job and they were doing me BIG favor they don't have to do. Told me to call and make appt. and that they would fax referral next day. I called to make appt and was told that that place doesn't do mammograms and that they had my referral but it doesn't help because they don't do mammograms. Thanks for the favor. I liked the Dr., but the phone staff needs to go. Plus, now I have to call my insurance directly to try to get the referral figured out.

July 15th, 2010
Delivered My First Baby
The Doctor and office staff were extremely caring and efficient. My only concerns were the older medical equipment (ultrasound machine) and hospital affiliation. I didn't care for Anaheim Memorial which is why I'm looking for a new doctor to deliver my second child. However, if Dr. Abaian was affiliated with St. Joseph or Saddleback, I would go back to her.

October 12th, 2015