Dr. Aviva Gorig MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 14th, 2016
Engagement
I'd been diagnosed recently at middle age (52) with Bipolar 1 disorder after having been on the same medications for 11 years after a diagnosis of OCD & Dystymic Disorder. The possible drastic change of my mood disorder, said the psychiatry team, may have been that just before their diagnosis, I had been recovering from a bone-marrow transplant and successful cancer battle, all of which are capable of causing neurological changes. Upon visiting Dr. Gorig I'd also been engaged with a Psychotherapist for 9 years. Dr. Gorig embraced all of this information about me with grace, judging nothing, and possessed of a certain curiosity. I could tell from her sensitivity, sense of humor, and feeling of engagement with me that she'd be able to do nothing but help me. I wasn't concerned in any way that I might be harmed, neglected, or treated like a number which is often case in a clinic environment. If I engage her by opening up, she is wide-eyed, sometimes our sessions running long (once to 55 minutes). At this time I couldn't ask for more.

October 6th, 2015
unacceptble
This doctor engaged in a power struggle with my son, a mentally disadvantaged man. She elicited admissions from him and quickly noted on his records, incidents that could be considered slander. She tagged on two additional diagnoses' that contradicted previous ones by the best neuro psychiatrists at NYU. She was quick to judge me as overprotective instead of a concerned parent.

December 24th, 2009
Aviva
Aviva is a great doctor who should be admired by everyone. She is on time, pateint, and responsible. She is the ultimate psychiatrist whom is loved and embraced by everyone!!!!

May 13th, 2016