Dr. Avril Beckford MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Smyrna, GA

• Good
  • Bad

August 23rd, 2014
Dr. Beckford truly cares about our children and provides stellar medical care.

January 31st, 2014
Poor diagnosis
The practice is good. I love nurses there, almost every nurse is good and do a great work. However, accurate diagnosis is POOR. they just provide a generic diagnosis and give you antibiotics and I guess in 50% it does help. But not always and if it does not help, no follow up, when you call them, they just tell you that it's normal and it will go away. My son was coughing for 2 month, had 2 doctor visits and every week (almost) I called and they were telling me that it's ok, many kids do cough and it will go away, etc.... Of course every time I heard that I'm a great mommy and it's ok to worry. Ok, finally I got another doctors, he did some analysis and found out he had an infection, got correct drugs and it went away in 3 days...

May 15th, 2012
Mother
Dr. Beckford is an outstanding physician. Her care far exceeded my expectations as a mother. Her vision for patient care is not just about the patient, but rather, the entire being of the family. That's what makes her practice irreplacable. If you are a mom or dad and you want the best medical care for your family, make the next available appointment with Dr. Avril Beckford. She will listen to your concerns when no one else will, and from the information you provide, she is able to direct the care for your given condition even if it means you require a referral to another physician. How do I know well the short version is that I have two teens who have been with her practice since birth. SHE IS THE BEST!!!!

May 11th, 2011
I Have been coming to thisi office for the last 13 years and I love every single staff member. They are awesome!!!

October 14th, 2010
Hands down, the best in the ATL!!!
All 3 of my kids have seen her their whole lives, and I can't imagine taking them anywhere else.Dr. Beckford is THE pediatrician that all others strive to be like! There is hands down no better pediatrician in the Atlanta area. She does everything with excellence.However, we have had numerous issues with the office staff over the years. After pointing out those issues to Dr. Beckford though, they have gotten better over the last few years, but unfortunately that only got them to a moderate rating. It is also sometimes difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Beckford because she is so popular and well liked by all her parents. The other doctors and PA's that she's surrounded herself with are mostly excellent, so even if you can't get an appt. with her, the rest are above average.That said, I'll put up with the crappy office staff, difficulty in getting appointments, and most any other difficulty that came up in order to make sure that my kids are able to see her!

July 21st, 2010
Wouldn't take my girls anywhere else
Dr. Beckford is a wonderful caring doctor. I feel so fortunate to have found such a good pediatrician for my twin girls.

September 3rd, 2009
a wonderful Dr and friend
The first time I met Dr Beckford she embraced me not just physically but emotionally. I was pregnant with my first child, I had worked the night before, so I was weary. Dr Beckford took me back to her inspiring office, made sure I was comfortable and we spent quality time getting to know each other. I can honestly say I left her office feeling like a million dollars. I was totally confident that Dr Beckford would be the right pediatrician for my family. She is caring and compassinate, and a set a twins later my opinion of her has only grown stronger.

November 10th, 2016