Dr. Avro Gaon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 10th, 2016
returning paitent
Great Md. True artist . I am a returning patient after 25 years.

June 3rd, 2015
Dr. Gaon has been my plastic surgeon over the past 25 years. I can not say enough about his extraordinary talent and care. Recently I went to him because my implants had encapsulated. The saline implants were replacements for silicone in the 90's when the silicon scare and ban were happening. He did these implants. When I decided to do something about the encapsulation, I went to an LA plastic surgeon who is very well known and has many positive reviews. His consult (without even touching my body or inquiring about my history) recommended an under the muscle textured implant. I decided to go back to Dr. Gaon although he was a distance from where I live now because I totally trust him and he knows the procedures I have been through. I am so thankful because he explained that with my multiple procedures on my breasts, I would have reduced tissue and that an under the muscle implant would poke through the muscle. He spent a lot of time with me explaining what he would do, ie. create a 'bra' out of some of the encapsulated tissue, etc. I realized that this wasn't the typical surgery for an implant revision and that his knowledge, experience and up to date information, would insure I would get the best and healthiest result. He also recommended smooth silicone implants. In Sept 2014, I had the procedure. It went seemlessly and I recovered quickly. My breasts are beautiful, close together, and very natural. I have had no problems with my new breasts. When I have had concerns, the office staff has always encouraged me to come in to see Dr. Gaon. He cares about his patients and answers all questions completely. There is no rush in his office. He does not run a surgery mill. His staff have worked with him for years. Don't shop surgeons by price, or popularity. If you go to Dr. Gaon, you will have the benefit of many many years of experience and his continued updating of his knowledge base. You will not receive a 'hard sell' by an office 'consultant'. He will spend the time you need to make your decision. He will show you hundreds of photos of before and after of his own surgeries. He will answer all of your questions. I can't say enough about Dr. Gaon and his staff. They deserve the five stars and then some!

May 17th, 2015
Don't look any further! I did the research FOR you!
Dr. Gaon and I go back a long time. I did a lot of research before choosing Dr. Gaon. He came very highly recommended by friends of mine who have had the good fortune to be the beneficiary of his work. His staff is wonderful. I've never seen an entire group of such superb people under the same roof. The care they have gave me melted away any fears I could imagine and kept me focused, excited and fully prepared for my surgery. Because of Dr. Gaon's exquisite talent, I've felt real confidence in my self-image. I'm genuinely happy with my body, AND my face, for the first time ever. Because of his advice, professionalism and pure talent, my 60's look like a very fun place to be. Over the last nine years, Dr. Gaon has performed on me a complete face lift, my neck, my breasts, and some liposuction. I'm going to return next month for a little touch up. Dr. Gaon's patience, understanding, and care.... before, and after the operation, in addition to his tremendous skill in the operating room, is greatly appreciated. I cannot thank him enough. His talent and caring manner is a credit to the medical profession. So... if there are any readers out there who are looking for a top notch, caring, and exTREMEly talented surgeon, I recommend Dr. Gaon. Side note: I live in Italy and would travel the world (as I have done in the past) to put myself in Dr. Gaon's care. He's the best!

March 19th, 2014
He IS Truly the Best!
I did a tremendous amount of research and had a number of consultations with other docs (including a nation wide face lift "factory" I will not name) before I selected Dr. Gaon. I had a lower face lift and neck lift in early 2013 and I could not be more pleased. My jowls are now firm (no longer saggy) and my neck is now back to where it was years ago. However, I look totally natural for my age - which is 66! Dr. Gaon's surgical staff is also excellent - I had a high degree of anxiety and they helped me through it. I recommend him to everyone I know who is considering a lift. He's an artist on top of being a fine surgeon.

November 1st, 2011
Awsome surgeon!!
I recently underwent a major tummy tuck with liposuction to correct the really poor results of a previous tummy tuck five years ago with another PS with all the "right" qualifications including being a past president of the American Society of Plastic Surgery. It was a very challenging surgery according to Dr. Gaon but happily for me the results are nothing short of incredible!! Dr. Gaon is a true artistic genius when it comes to surgery. And when the time comes, I intend to go to him for a facelift. After meeting a number of his facelift patients and seeing their incredibly natural looking results I wouldn't even consider anyone else. In my opinion, it would be difficult to find another plastic surgeon as gifted as Dr. Avro Gaon!

January 18th, 2011
High School Science Teacher
I am delighted to report that Dr. Gaon recently did a coronal brow lift for me. I am in my mid 50s. When I was 40 I had an endoscopic brow lift with a different surgeon. Although I was somewhat nervous about the coronal brow lift, Dr. Gaon carefully explained the benefits of going this route. I have fine, thin hair and I was worried about a visible scar on my scalp. I am now at my 3rd week of recovery from the coronal brow lift. Already, I can report that this was a more effective surgery than the endoscopic surgery.The incision across the crown of my head is healing beautifully, unlike the endoscopic incision which left a little "bald patch" and a patch of thick scar tissue that was visible in my hair line. When the endoscopic instrument was moved around in the incision area it irritated the skin and left scar tissue especially at the center incision.(which I guess has more stress on it) For me the recovery period was no worse for the coronal incision than the endoscopic. The results are more natural looking and based on my research will be longer lasting. Through the coronal incision, Dr. Gaon was able to alter the muscles (frontalis, procerus, and corrugators) that cause horizontal forehead wrinkles and my drooping brows.After doing this Dr. Gaon actually remove about a 1-2 cm strip of my scalp and sewed the remaining scalp together.Although this may sound gruesome, it is the oldest and most reliable technique in brow lift surgery. The advantages of this technique is that it is lasting (it will not have to be repeated as I age.) After having had both types of brow lift, I believe that the endoscopic brow lift is kind of a rip off. My results lasted less than 5 years - one eyebrow drooped more than the other - and I was left with a visible scar in my bangs. I'm so glad that Dr. Gaon took the time to explain the coronal brow lift to me. All of Dr. Gaon's patient photos look natural. No exaggerated, permanently surprised look!

November 2nd, 2008
Stellar
I knew after meeting Dr. Gaon and his staff, speaking with him one on one, reviewing his past work that he was the one for me. I was recommended to him by a friend who is a former patient and had an amazing, satisfying experience. People have no idea I've had an augmentation and are still in disbelief after I tell them I have!