Dr. Avtar Sekhon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 17th, 2013
Dr. Sekhon has been a GREAT Doctor
Dr. Sekhon is very thorough and friendly. I first came to him because I was so sick I could not make it to the VA who diagnosed me with a chest cold. Dr. Sekhon did many tests and I had Viral Pneumonia. If it had not been caught soon I had a possibility of many weeks in the hospital or possible death . He is not afraid to send you out of the Oakwood Network to send you to a good Specialists. He has his patient's best interest at heart!!!

August 27th, 2011
Misdiagnosed
My husband went in for back pain and a physical. I told the doctor of his family history of pancreatic cancer. He said his back ache was stress. Ordered a back xray and some other tests. Told us he had a irregular heart rhythm (he was wrong) and high blood pressure (he was in pain!!) Wasn't concerned about 6 months of back pain but said would call us about xrays. Went back for follow up and he didn't even know why we were there. Told us he had spina bifida!?!? and sent my husband for an MRI of back. MRI showed slight bulge in disc......3 months later my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....which is what I told him to look for in the first place. Do not trust this physician!!! My husband was dead 14 months later at the age of 42 leaving a wife and two very small children :(