Dr. Awilda Luciano MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

January 9th, 2017
Very informative and explains approach carefully

February 18th, 2016
Best Doctor in the area
Dr. Luciano cares about the health of the whole patient, not just her specialty. She goes above and beyond, has the patience of Job, explains everything in terms that you can understand. She is the BEST!

May 18th, 2015
Love this doctor. Very good and cares about patient

June 4th, 2013
Amazing physician
This is without a doubt, one of the best physicians I have ever had. She is thorough, kind, understanding, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. She is an angel sent from heaven. Her staff, particularly Sabine, is top notch. As an RN who has dealt with a tremendous # of physicians, she is absolutely the best! I would suggest the individual with the negative comment make another appointment with her to discuss her issues. I can't imagine such an issue with this physician.

February 15th, 2012
Exceptional
Dr Luciano is nothing less than Exceptional. She is my primary doctor for Wegeners Granulomatosis and she is proactive and caring. She is constantly checking for long term studies publishings on my disease. I am comfortable with her and I trust her! I won't move out of the area because I don't want to even think about changing doctors. She saved my life and continues to do an amazing job of helping me manage my disease. I have seen many doctors and have never experienced this level of care and the knowledge that my doctor has my best interest at heart. I would and do recommend her to anybody who needs a Rheumatologist.

January 25th, 2012
I also was referred to another Rheumatologist in Denton. I found the staff-especially the male Nurse to be rude and uncaring. The Dr. decided to take a sabbatical and was out of the country for almost 2 months and did not have anyone we could see in the event of a flare or problems during his absence. I got another referral through someone at my church-she is a patient of Dr. Luciano's. I have never been so happy with a Doctor in my life! She has helped me so much and has been very patient-especially since we are trying to find the correct combination of drugs so that I can stop the progress of my disease and still have a complete and full life. She is very caring, compassionate and she listens. Anytime I have left a message or had a question about my medication, symptoms or health she has responded immediately. Her Nurse, Sabina is wonderful! Sabina is so positive and such a blessing to deal with. I highly recommend Dr. Luciano and Sabina for anyone seeking/needing a Rheumatologist.

December 13th, 2011
no response after expensive tests
I liked her very much. After taking X-Rays, she wanted me to have and I agreed to, her ordering 2 MRI's - very expensive - over $5,000. This was August. Later her assistant called and said Dr. wanted me to go to orthopedic and she was mailing me information about the MRI's. The only information I got was the technical report the Radiologist had sent her, nothing from Dr. Luciano. I emailed twice then left a phone message that I didn't understand the technical report and I just wanted to know what was wrong with me. I tried researching the terminology online but still didn't understand. So, right now I can't afford to start with another Doctor and I still don't know what's wrong with me. Only meds I'm on are prescribed by my family physician for pain. I'm very frustrated as well as depressed about this.

September 25th, 2011
Truly amazing
DR Luciano is a caring compassionate Dr.She saved my husbands life and is an outstanding physician and her assistant is wonderful, I would recommend her highly!

August 20th, 2010
Great Doctor
Would reccomend her to anyone requiring a Rheumatologist care. Her care is proficient, professional and individulized to the pt. needs. She is a rare find, truly empathetic with her pts.

May 2nd, 2017