A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Axel Pflueger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Axel Pflueger is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Axel Pflueger, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Renovascular Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Pflueger graduated from Eberhard-Karls-Universitaet Tubingen. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Pflueger has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pflueger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 1 plan
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan