Dr. Ayad Alanizi MD Patient Reviews

3.6

October 27th, 2010
HORRIBLE
Because I have an HMO I needed to see my primary physician to get a referral to an OB/GYN when I found out I was pregnant. 2 days before my appt I started spotting. When I went in he had me go to a lab to get blood work done. I don't know if it's him or just his staff, but they refused to tell me the test results over the phone, said I had to come in for another visit, and told me that the Dr. didn't feel that I needed a referral because I wasn't pregnant. Clearly I was having a miscarriage and he wouldn't let me see an OB/GYN. I said I wanted an ultrasound. They said, "Well you can just go to radiology for that, you don't need to go to an OB/GYN." I was having a miscarriage and he refused to give me a referral! They kept telling me they would call me back, but never did. I will never go back to that office. I would never recommend anybody go see him. Horrible, horrible experience.

May 20th, 2009
Antiquated services and You can't get an answer when you need one
Good: The doctor seems knowlegeable and will take time to explain things. He takes detailed notes. BAD: The administrative side of his business is very poor. When I applied to change insurance companies, the new insurance company requested a report from Dr. Alanizi. After I got denied, I received a letter of explanation telling me that the denial was due to information that was provided on Dr. Alanizi's report. This came as a complete shock because I do not have any illness and should not be a risk to any insurance company. I called his office to inquire and they would not tell me what was on my report that caused me to be denied, but that they could send me a copy of the letter. I never received any letter or any explanation. The receptionists told me they mailed me the letter three times after I kept calling to confirm the address.Also, There are several times when you call and the phone rings endlessly with no answer and no answering service. Then, after trying to reach someone all morning, they take long lunches - 1.5 - 2 hours per day and you can only speak with an exchange operator.Finally, he will not phone in a prescription, even when you're out of town on and can't come into the office in spite of the fact that he's prescribed this medication in the past.