Dr. Ayanna Mccray MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 4 reviews

February 27th, 2015
She's nice, but not a good doctor.
She misdiagnosed my baby's skin condition. She failed to properly explain things, and she wasn't very ththorough. Wish I hadn't taken my daughter here.

June 20th, 2011
King George Pediatrics has always been good and my kids like going there. Sometimes they see Dr. McCray and sometime they see Sabrina. They like Sabrina best.

May 17th, 2011
ADHD children and parents beware
My children have ADHD amongst other things and I had another doctor recommend that both children be put on meds but they refuse to medicate my 4 year old even based on another professionals recomendation, a mental health specialist's opinion at that. I fear my son will now have a hard time grasping and learning information from his pre-school that he needs to retain in order to succeed in kindergarten. I have never been provided with shot records for all 3 kids so that I would have it on hand when I would need it even though I have repeatedly requested this from them. The secretaries have bad attitudes and act stuck up along with the doctors assistants. My children are very high energy-ADHD-Aperger's(autism)Syndrome and have oppositional defiance disorders and everytime we have been there the staff always makes me feel so unwelcome put off and out of place.If we didn't have to wait almost an hour everytime the kids would probably be easier todeal with. I thought a pediatricians' staff would have more understanding for their patients and parents. Dr. McCray is usually nice to us but after going through waiting in there and dealing with rude staff members-they always make me feel like it is a problem when we are there and I do hate to have to go there at all, but changing doctors with all these disorders is like pulling teeth, as has been my experience. Anyone know a great doctor in Caroline County who would be a good pediatrician for all 3 of my boys?You would think if you are a doctor and taking care of kids medical needs was your job you would actually employ people that understood and had empathy for the kids and the parents, no matter what their disease or sicknesses were.

May 10th, 2011
Parents Bewareparents beware
Dr. Ayanna McCray is not very proffesional at all. Often times my children cannotget a smae day appointment and has to be scheduled for the following day. When I do get to my appointment its rare that Dr. McCray ever sees my children on time. Were usualy stuck waiting for anywhere to 30 to 40 mins past appointment times. My children do not like her, in fact they find her rude and cold. very un interested in whatts going on with thier health. My daughter was born with A plastic anemia (which if Dr. McCray ever really bothed to read her medical records) would know that my daughters immune system will always be compromised. Usually my kids are misdiagnosed by Dr. McCray which results in ER visits and another 30 bucks being spent out of pocket to be told that my child did in fact have strep throat. Something in which if Dr. McCray didnt treat her patients like a cattle line she may have not missed. Parents I knwo she is the only Dr. in King george but do your kid a favor and go to fredericksburg. I will no longerm take any of my children to Dr. McCray so she can care even less about them (if thats possible) from now on.