Obstetrician & Gynecologist

I'm Neutral show details I'm Neutral
Mar 18th, 2016

I've seen her for a number of years now for annual women's wellness exams. I am over 30 with no children. She has always been friendly and nice, so I thought she was fine until she did two things during my last visit which really caused me to think about seeing her again. She spoke to me about a condition as if I was diagnosed and , when I quickly corrected her that I had not been, she just said "well, its possible because you..blah blah." Possible? Possible is not a diagnosis and I don't want my doctor acting on a "possible." It's as if she is so sure i have it, yet there are a number of reasons I am pretty sure I don't (including other doctor's opinions). The next thing is that I've always said I was unsure about having children. Perhaps if I met the right man... The last time I saw her (maybe 3 years ago? I took a break!), I made a casual comment about having kids and she looked startled and said "YOU want to have kids?!" I'm sure my expression was that of confusion because I had discussed that with her before and NEVER said i was sure I did not want children. So I think she just assumed it... Again, reacting on another assumption - not a good thing. She then explained that she tells her patients to have kids before 30 or 35 (I don't recall) so I need to "have a baby immediately." Again, I looked at her with confusion and informed her I was single at that time, so I wasn't about to try to get pregnant. Flash forward to today. I am now late 30's and married! :) My husband and I want to have a child as well. I hesitate going back to her because of the seemingly closed-minded assumptions towards my "possible health" and my age that she had the last time. I personally know numerous women in their 40's who just had their first kid so for her to look at me with shock when i was mid 30's about having a child, doesn't sit well with me. Its time for me to go to the OBGYN that I want to deliver my first child and I am really debating about returning to her or going to someone else who may fit my needs more... One more thing...Never has anyone from that office called me to remind me to schedule my annual exam (obviously, it's been 2 or 3 years since i went...). They leave that up to the patient. Its a courtesy that some of my other doctors do. Her office is just one that does not.

Feb 8th, 2015

She is easy to see now that she has her own practice. She cared for me for both of my pregnancies and she also helped me get pregnant. She is really up beat and knowledgable. However the one complaint I do have is she has a pretty insensitive bedside manner if you have complications with your pregnancy, and is not afraid to encourage you to terminate or to induce. Other than that, she is wonderful.

by Roxanne Justiz on Feb 21st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Walden for about six years. It was important to find a doctor that could deal with my complicated health issues. I have lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other health issues. I had a hysterectomy in 2006 that was not with Dr. Walden but I almost lost my life. My bleeding couldn't be controlled and I bled out. I found out I had a blood disorder then. The doctor who did the surgery was incompetent. I had green, foul discharge that was painful. I couldn't get any doctor to touch me with a ten foot pole! Dr. Walden was understanding of my painful and embaressing situation. She was very caring and eased my concerns. She explained that everything would be alright. She fixed it! I can never repay her for that. If you need a doctor, she does it because she cares. She's awesome!

I couldn't have asked for a better OB show details I couldn't have asked for a better OB
Aug 9th, 2011

I just moved to town at 34 weeks pregnant and my sister-in-law recommended Dr. Walden. And I couldn't have gotten a better recommendation! Dr. Walden is warm, caring, never rushes, answers all my questions and made me feel totally at ease from the moment I met her. I never expected to feel so comfortable having a doctor I just met deliver my baby. She has amazing bedside manner and her office staff is courteous and very efficient. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Walden to anyone looking for an OB/GYN in the area.

I highly recommend Dr. Walden show details I highly recommend Dr. Walden
by Jennifer H on Nov 15th, 2009

I was extremely pleased after completing my first visit with Dr. Walden She took plenty of time to get to know me and my medical history. The fact that they call you with the results of the pap smear (no more fears of a mail mix-up!) speaks to the level of care provided. I was also happy to see Dr. Walden at the Run For Her 5k as I admire doctors who make sure they take care of their own personal health as well as the health of others.