Dr. Ayda Garza Montalvo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 22nd, 2015
Rude and helpless
I went in hoping to come out with my questions answered and to my surprise she referred me as immature and told me to hurry with my questions because she had a lot more patients. Never had i been treated like i was with her rude tone and to top it of an hour long wait.

July 23rd, 2012
Unless you get to her office early in the morning, the wait is at least 45 min to an hour. One time I waited 2 1/2 hours for blood test results, and then overheard the doctor yell in the hallway," How many more patients are there?! This day will never end!" I then decided it was time for a change.

May 1st, 2012
She is AWESOME...her staff is not
Nurses don't call back...they don't fill out forms on a timely manner...and you can never get a hold of them. I have nothing but grat things to say about Doctor Gara-Montalvo but her staff leaves a lot to be desired, I have been waiting on forms for over 20 days, call regularly, paid their fee to sign them and still waiting...that is ridiculous we all have bills to pay and need our paperwork.

April 17th, 2012
Stupid mistakes made me wait over 3 hours
My bill was placed behind another pts bill and I was skipped. I asked when I was going to be seen next clerk said there are 5 pts before u mam. I asked an hour later same question she said there are 4 PTA before u mam. I've been her over 3 hours and still waiting in front lobby. That mistake has taken time away from me I'm very hungry and I'm diabetic. Had to take a glucose pill. I feel so bad. I don't even want to tell Dr Montalvo what happened cuz that will take time and I just want to get my results and get out of here:(

February 17th, 2011
unprofessional
This doctor is unprofessional! Doesn't answer questions. I tried to ask about depression and she told me to pray before running out of the room. She also did not examine me correctly. She spent little time on every part!

August 17th, 2010
Unprofessional
Our early visits all went smoothly. As a soon to be new father I had many questions and she would reply its in the book. I understood she was probably very busy to answer questions with many patients probably waiting so I took it in stride and simply educated myself through various baby books. I stopped asking questions and just went with my wife to every visit. As our due date approached we were happily awaiting our first child. Our due date coincided with her trip out of town for vacation. I was very confused as she always said she wanted to be there for us as to why she would plan her vacation the week of our due date. Then a week before our real due date suddenly the sonograms which were taken weeks ago told her that the baby is really due a week sooner. I said we did not want to induce so she took another sonogram and told us the baby is too small and it needs to come out. The placenta is already used up and we risk a still born! I was in utter disbelief. Every week she told us the baby was measuring fine and now one week before her vacation the baby is too small and might die. When I asked for further clarification she scolded me and said Im the doctor. Thats my opinion. I dont have time for long conversations! and stormed out of the room. I have never felt so helpless and alone. After many more scare tactics we reluctantly induced our baby. To our surprise he was almost a lb heavy the very next day and her placenta looked very meaty and healthy. I have never felt so betrayed before. It is not normal for a baby to gain a lb in one day. I felt mislead and worse I was never given an opportunity for understanding as my questions were side stepped and I was scolded for even daring to ask a question about their diagnosis.

May 30th, 2010
Delivered my two oldest children
Dr Montalvo delivered my 2 oldest kids my son who is now 11 and my daughter who is now 10. Although I had a very difficult time with my first pregnancy Dr. Montalvo made my second one go very smoothly. My opinion is she is a good Dr. and I would recomend her to anyone and hopefully my daughter will get to have her children delivered by Dr. Montalvo.

December 2nd, 2008
Dr. Ayda Montalvo
I am grateful that I saw Dr. Montalvo when I did. If it hadn't been for her, I would not have known I had a lump in my thyroid. I had been going to another doctor in the area but when he left the valley, I had to change doctor's. She is one of the nicest persons I know and she has the best bedside manner I've encountered. She immeadiately setup an appointment with another doctor who ended up performing surgery. All this within one week from when I first saw her. It was thyroid cancer, but was caught in time. I have recommended her timeless times as I was also recommended to her. I found out that the lump I had, had been there for quite sometime and my "other" doctor hadn't noticed it. Thank You, Dr. MontalvoJudith L. Montalvo, no relation

May 14th, 2008
I was given the wrong diagnosis
I do not feel that this woman knows what she is doing. I went through a depression for 3 months following an inaccurate test result. They need to be more careful. Needless to say, I am never going to her again. I have a friend that saw her and is still in complete agony over a procedure she had done. She had to go elsewhere in order to get the problem fixed. Its really hard to believe that this doctor has thirteen years of experience!!!

March 15th, 2008
Wanting to be Normal again
I had a hysterectomy performed and I kept having a bleeding. I was told that it was normal eventhough it was a flow which continued for 4 months straight. I feel my doctor never did believe me that it was a heavy flow. I ended up with a second and third surgery all within 5-6 six of the next. I have continued to have great pain in the pelvic area. I did not go back to her because I really feel even though she did not mean to hurt me in any way she would not believe that I hurt still. Here it is a year later and I still have complications. In my doctor's words...it is NORMAL.