Surgical Specialist

30603 Southfield Rd
Southfield, MI 48076
(248) 526-9090
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Years Later and Still Regretting It!  |  show details
by NAK on Jun 3rd, 2013

It's been several years since I made the worst decision in my life - to use Dr. Sayeg to perform what should have been simple liposuction of my thigh and lower abdomen region. I weighed 165 lbs, (am 5'9) and wanted to remove my 'idea' of fat from my inner thighs and stomach region. I was paranoid about being fat, and felt lipo was the solution. Of course it was easy enough to get an appointment with Dr. Sayeg. They take you through a seamless process, hitting you from all sides, finding out exactly, "How much you're willing to spend..." to get those life changing results! I was told my operation would cover my thighs, knee area, abdominal area, hips and "spare tire" area. I go to have the surgery done, and Sayeg tells him his "notes" only say I'm having my thighs and hips. No knees, no abdomen, etc. For $7,000??? Of course preying on a person's insecurities, once you're there you just want it done! I agreed that maybe I'd 'misunderstood', (I knew I hadn't) and proceeded. When finished, I was shoved out the back door of that place so quickly, I had to be wheeled out and couldn't even fully open my eyes! Day one, I was vomiting so profusely, I almost had to be admitted to the hospital for dehydration. I kept throwing up the pain pills, and was in such extreme pain I seriously wanted to die! A call to the office yielded no return call. This persisted for 2 days, until my "follow up" appointment. Ended up I was allergic to the pain pills he was giving me. While talking to him, he looked at me disgustedly and said, "why didn't you call and tell me you were throwing up?" Ummm... I DID! I just never got a call back! I hated this "Doctor" and his horrid bedside manner that I actually became afraid to contact him for fear of ridicule or backlash. I never went back. It's nearly 4 years later, and the scar tissue on my exterior thighs is so horrid, it looks like hardened cellulite from my upper thighs to my knees. I have severe aching from the hack job done - and it still hurts all this time later, and only seems to get worse! I finally had the nerve to approach a new doctor to see if there was something to do to remove all the scar tissue to prevent the ongoing pain. Ends up I have to have all the scar tissue scraped, at another whopping 3 grand! Words of wisdom: Sometimes it's not as bad as you think, so save your money! It's not worth being worse off than when you started!

Mark as Helpful  | 31 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

Our office appreciates all reviews whether good or bad, We are sorry you did not have a good experience. Sayeg Plastic Surgery wants to make sure if you have any concerns you can give our office a call so that we can help you with anything you need.

|  The Real Clown  |  show details
by janeC on Mar 22nd, 2013

I have seen numerous surgeons before i was willing to choose one for my breast aug. Ayoub Sayeg (I will not call him Dr) acted more like an amatuer con man than a real Dr. He was arrogant and showed no signs of concern regarding my questiones or my concerns about my procedure.The office manager Emma was even worse than him. She made me feel like i was bothering her with my concerns and was extremly short with me. I have never experienced such an attitude from a woman for no apperant reason but for the fact of expressing my concers. At one point she sighed and rolled her eyes( i guess i was asking too many questiones....what the heck its only SURGERY!!!). There is no way these people can stay in business long if that is their attitude towards potential clients. I will not have a so called DR or his so called office manager make me feel like they are doing me a favor when i am the one spending my hard earned money. Save your time and money. These people do not have their patients best interest at heart!

Mark as Helpful  | 26 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

Sayeg Plastic Surgery wants to let you know we do appreciate your feedback about our office. We also want you to understand that patient care is a number one priority to us. If you have any further issues please feel free to call us so that we can assure you, we always have your best interest in mind. Thank you!

|  Overwhelmingly Happy!!!!  |  show details
by Alesha H. on Mar 17th, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Sayeg to any of my family and friends. He's professional, as well as, personable. I have been pleased with the services from my consultation. Dr. Sayeg is prompt and courteous. The staff was warm and inviting. Dr. Sayeg and his team are phenomenal. He was very detailed and informative, which put me at ease. I would say he gave me my life back; for I am extremely happy with my results.

Oct 22nd, 2012

Avoid him at any cost

Mark as Helpful  | 23 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

We apologize you feel this way after coming into our office. If you have an issue that you need to address in detail we are happy to assist you with anything that you may need.

Aug 20th, 2012

I had a rhinoplasty done by Dr. Sayeg and it turned out compeletly crooked and deformed. He re did my nose and it still was a mess. His bedside manner is poor, he was short with me and had zero personality or warmth. He didn't seem to care about his work or what I ended up looking like. I work for a doctor myself and he actually takes PRIDE in the work he does with his patients unlike Dr. Sayeg. He may be succeed in breast augmentations but if your looking for any facial plastic surgery I DO NOT recommend putting your face in his hands. $5,000 later and i'm very un satisfied.

Mark as Helpful  | 26 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your response, we know that other patients, that have also had facials surgeries, have had great results. We would hope that you call the office to make sure we can assist you the best we can to achieve your optimum results.

|  Do NOT trust this doctor!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

I had cancer, a mastectomy and the surgeon worked with Sayeg. After the initial surgery, I had two drainage tubes out of my body because of so many lymph nodes being removed. I woke one night soaked with lymph fluid (yuk!) and called my nursing staff. The nurse came out in the morning and could not unblock the tubing (of the two that were placed, this was the only one collecting any fluid). The nurse said to go to the emergency room. There, they tried in vain to unblock the drainage tube. They wanted to admit me to have a new one placed. A call was made to Sayeg (I just can't call him dr.) and he said - She has another tube, she doesn't need to have it replaced! The nurse said he was rather abrupt with her.Time came for the implant to be put in (he said he was placing a 650 mg seeing as I was larger than DD before the cancer). After the surgery, my breast was square, the skin flat with a little bump where the implant was and I still had my "dog ear" flap hanging, not filled out.He did a reduction on the other side to lift it and as he was drawing on me, I said to him, "that's too much to take off!" he said I know what I am doing!He took so much off, my areola is so small my nipple is stretched flat! At the follow up appt., he took his finger and pushed on my nipple! I was shocked. He asked "did you feel that?" I would have thought he should have ASKED me if I had any sensation in my nipple instead of grinning and poking me with his finger!I was sitting, watching tv and thought, boy am I sweating. Took a tissue to wipe the 'sweat' off of my chest under the reduction. It was blood. I called and spoke to his assistant and she said I should call the Troy office b/c he will probably have you go to the ER. His troy office is at least a 45 min. drive from where I lived at the time. He gets on the phone, I tell him what is going on, he says be here in 20 minutes and I can look at you. I no longer drive due to seizure issues, had no one to take me, and even if I did, I wouldn't make it in 20 minutes! I told him so. he YELLED at me, "then what do you expect me to do!?!?"I was crying.It's hard enough dealing with breast cancer, having to have your breast removed, and then to have a doctor that has NO empathy, compassion for what you are going through is horrible!I am now having my breasts redone by a great doctor. The implant had moved to my armpit, and a collection of blood was under my armpit, like a water-filled balloon.And the 650 he said he was putting in me was only a 400. I wonder what he billed my insurance for?DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A BODY YOU CAN TOLERATE TO LOOK AT!

Mark as Helpful  | 29 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

We appreciate your feedback on this matter. Since this is a very detailed situation we would encourage you to reach out to the office so that we can best assist you with any and all concerns you have. Our office wants to make sure you have an amazing experience and we apologize you were not able to experience that with us. Our patients care is a number one priority and we hope you will let us know if we can help you in any way. Thank you

|  All Plastic Surgeons Should Take Lessons From Him...  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

I have had two procedured done by Dr Sayeg, and words cannot begin to describe how he has changed my life. He takes pride in his work as a surgeon, and yet treats you not just as a patient, But shows he deeply cares. He took his tame with me, and was brutally honost from the beginning.I had a Tummy tuck procedure done in 2009, and it was the greatest decision i have ever made in my life. Recently i had a breast Augmentation done by him and i am absoulutly thrilled with the results. I will admit i drove him and his entire staff crazy with all my questions, nerves, and changing my mind. Never once did they make me feel that i was a nuisance, nor that my feelings were un warranted. Everyone in that office made me feel so comfortable and i knew i had made the right choice. It is my firm belief that anyone who is looking into plastic surgery consult with Dr Sayeg.It is not only his impeccaable skill that make him the best Surgeon, but also his caring demeanor and the disposition of his entire staff. He Changed my life, and i will forever be grateful.

|  Very bad doctor  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2011

Beware dont entrust your body to this doctor.

Mark as Helpful  | 23 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

We are sorry you feel this way and would hope that you call us if you have any issues you need to address so that we can better assist you.

|  Liposuction  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

I had ultrasonic liposuction of my abdomen, flanks, thighs and knees about six months ago. I am now down 8 sizes and my skin is much tighter. Wonderful surgeon and professional staff. would recommend to anybody

|  Post bariatric  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

I had complete body reconstruction after losing 200 lbs. I was done in three stages and I look spectacular. I would recommend Dr. Sayeg and his staff to anybody. Great surgeon. He even gave me his cell phone number.I went from a size 20 to a size 8.

|  Breast augmentation  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

After seeing may so called specialists, Dr. Sayeg was the only real and honest doctor. He sure knows his breasts. I had a wonderful experience and an amazing result. Thanks Dr. Sayeg

Apr 23rd, 2011

Great doctor. Does awesome work! But the girl at the front desk is an utter bitch! I would still recommend people going to him though.

|  The best!!  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

I went to Dr. Sayeg after losing 115 lbs. I cannot say enough about him and his staff! I went to 7 other doctors before finding this place, my search stopped once I called Dr. Sayegs office. They were incredible, very polite and helpful from my very first phone call I made to them. I immediately felt comfortable and knew I was in the right place for the work I needed. Dr. Sayeg performed reconstructive surgery on me; breast augmentation, skin only tummy tuck and a thigh lift. I am elated with my results! I feel like me know and I look the way I have always wanted! I look very natural, my scars healed very well. I recommend everyone I know and love to him because I trust him completely. Thank you so much Dr. Sayeg and your staff!

|  BREAST AUG  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

I Went to see Dr. Sayeg for a consultaion in 2010 he seemed very experiance and he was very nice. After having my breast aug i was very happy because Dr. Sayeg did an amazing job. He took real good care of me he did everything to make sure i was happy. His staff is very kind and always make sure you are being helped. I tell all my girl friends to go see him because they will love him and will love thework he does for them .

|  Would not reccomend  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

Took advantage of me and scared me. I would hope the next person does there research before going to this doctor

Mark as Helpful  | 21 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Mar 18th, 2011

I had a breast aug & tummy tuck in 2005. I will always regret it. Without details I can only say I would not recommend this Doctor. I am much worse off and ow can't even have a qualified Doctor fixed what I am left with. Getting a tummy tuck to wear a bikini? I can't even wear low jeans. The bottom of my stomach under the belly button is a sunken area totally covered by a scar.

Mark as Helpful  | 20 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Breast augmentation and Lipo of the belly and legs  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

I visited with 3 other doctors before choosing him. I found him to be very professional and took all the time need to answer all my questions. I had my breast done in June of 10 he convinced me to go bigger then I wanted ( I was scared to go to big) He assured me that I would be happy and I truly am.I returned in Jan 11 to have my legs and tummy done. I had problem areas from having kids and he told me that he would take care of them. I now have a 6 pack and my legs look much slimmer. I liked everything about him and his nurse Alissa is fabulous

|  Please research carefully before choosing A GOOD SURGEN!!!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

I have spent money here and I noticed, if the Dr. finds a weakness he will walk all over it and sometimes make a problem worse to keep you comming back, just be aware not everything is as it seems. I have had problems arise that were not there before, and his only solution was to get more agressive treatments and more money had to be spent...I think not, I will not return after spending a great deal of money here, I should have bought a new car instead, or maybe a house.

Mark as Helpful  | 22 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jul 14th, 2010

The abdominoplasty that Dr. Sayeg performed on me left me with a scar that looks like jaws got ahold of my abdomen and ripped a piece off. I contracted a very rare infection from unsterile liquids/catheder from the surgery and he neglected to test this infection and tried to treat it blindly until it left a 15 inch hole in my abdomen and I almost died until my husband rushed me to the hospital against the dr. recommendation. He still has the audacity to charge me. I now have to have reconstructive surgery to remove the tremendous amount of painful scar tissue left from the the hole finally closing. He is horrible!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 18 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Facial @ office  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2009

Comments are for staff taking care of facial, not for doctor himself. Worst care ever. Can't get appointment at day you want. When you get an appointment on Saturday, if you try to call office, nobody answers. If you are late for a couple minutes, then the esthetician is gone. She could at least try to call you to see if you are still coming or not. In my case, I called the office many times to let the person I will be late (constructions on highway) but nobody ever picked up. Drove 2 hours for nothing!!

Mark as Helpful  | 21 people found this helpful Report Abuse