Dr. Azita Moalemi MD Patient Reviews

4.8
  • 107 reviews

January 5th, 2017
Dr Moalemi is a very thorough and caring cardiologist who is also very aggressive in getting to the root of causes to ensure the best treatment possible. I trust her judgment implicitly.

October 24th, 2016
Lifesaver!
Dr. Moalemi literally saved my life....after giving me an EKG, and she determined it was abnormal, Dr. Moalemi called the ambulance and sent me right to the hospital for a heart catheterization. The EKG was abnormal because I had a 90% blockage in one of my main arteries to my heart. I then had two stents put in so my blood can flow to the heart like it should. I, along with my family, never thought something like this could happen to me (I workout and try to eat healthy). I thank God and Dr. Moalemi for my being alive today....I am only 65, and now I can plan to live at least another twenty years thanks to Dr. Moalemi's "good eye", along with her intelligence of course!! She is the best!!

August 18th, 2016
Emergency first-time appointment
Several months ago, I felt a light tap internally on my abdomen--no fatigue, no dizziness or symptoms associated with heart problems. I'm an active and otherwise healthy 65 yr old female. Luckily I decided to take my blood pressure and pulse. Blood pressure was normal, but pulse was 170 BPM; it's usually well below 60 BPM. I went to my primary care physician who diagnosed me as having extreme Tachycardia. I'm so thankful he referred me to Dr Moelimi. I was admitted immediately and was under her care from 11am until 6pm. During that time Dr Moelimi was very reassuring, professional, and thorough in explaining my particular heart problem (I had a lot to learn never having had any problems with my heart). She performed a complete battery of tests and administered medications to stabilize my heart. This, of course, took many hours. My husband was with me and they were reassuring to him as well--they even invited him to their break room where he was able to help himself to a very nice meal. Dr Moalemi diagnosed my problem and referred me to a wonderful electrophysiologist. I'm just as pleased with him. Dr Moelimi continues to be my cardiogist. She has always been responsive to my concerns and questions no matter when, day or night, weekdays or weekends.

April 21st, 2016
Dr. Moalemi is an excellent doctor. She listened to fully understand my complaints; explained why certain procedures needed to be done in order for her to treat my condition; helped me grasp how I need to be proactive in my treatment plan; scheduled additional speciality appointments I needed; and has followed up with my progress. She is the best Cardiologist I have seen. I feel comfortable and confident under her care that every necessary step will be taken to ensure I receive quality care. I am very fortunate to have her caring for me.

December 28th, 2015
Dr. Maolemi is an excellent cardiologist, and I benefited greatly from her prompt, accurate diagnosis and treatment. I gladly recommend her!

October 12th, 2015
professor (retired)
a competent,caring and very dependable professional. I know that I am receiving the best care available.

October 11th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor - The Best
Dr. Moalemi is a very caring doctor. She puts you at ease right away and is very easy to talk to and she listens. She explains everything to you, whether it is about your condition, procedure or medication. If you are looking for a good cardiologist that will help you and care about you she is the one.

September 8th, 2015
Dr. Moalemi is the one of the best doctor's I have. She is courteous and complete. Her bedside manner is calming and she tells me what side affects to expect from taking the various medications. I really appreciate it so I can understand all aspects of what is going on. She has to coordinate my condition with other doctors and Dr. Moalemi takes the time to help me understand my condition and answers all my questions as to all my tests affect my condition. She's the best person to have on your side.

August 24th, 2015
One of the best Drs I have ever been to. Both doctorsc go above and beyond for all of their patients.

August 7th, 2015
Excellent --the way medicine should be practiced.
I appreciate Dr. Moalemi and her office staff. There are not enough stars to rate this practice. Dr. Moalemi is caring, compassionate and concerned about her patients; she goes out of her way to research and solve an issue--very comprehensive. She is supported by a professional, courteous and prompt staff. This is the way medicine should be practiced--you are treated with respect and as a person not a number.

July 22nd, 2015
A Life Saver!
Dr. Moalemi saved my father's life. We called for an appointment for our first time visit after he experienced shortness of breath during a walk, and she was able to see us the same morning. She scheduled a follow-up stress test for the next day. During the stress test, he showed signs of blockage in his arteries surrounding the heart, and suspecting a major blockage, Dr. Moalemi sent us to the ER in an ambulance. She coordinated with her colleagues at several hospitals to ensure that the right specialists were on duty before sending us to INOVA Fairfax hospital. My father was admitted to the hospital, had a heart catheter procedure the next day, which concluded up to 90% blockage in all 3 of the major arteries. Dr Moalemi promptly followed up with us, as she was in touch with the specialist performing the procedure, and pleaded for my father to undergo bypass surgery as a proper fix to his problem. Several days later he underwent a quadruple bypass surgery by another excellent specialist at INOVA Fairfax, Dr Bogar. His procedure was successful, and he is comfortably recovering. Our 2 week post-op visit to Dr. Moalemi was also excellent, she noted that he is doing well and should expect a full recovery. While looking at his heart catheter images she stated that he was at a very high risk for sudden death before the procedure. We are very happy to have our dad with us and on a path to good health, thanks to Dr. Moalemi and her persistence to get him the best care.

June 12th, 2015
Superb physician! Comprehensive, compassionate cardiovascular care! And fantastic office staff.