Surgical Oncologist
Video profile

May 25th, 2015

Dr. Ahmad is an angel. Twice he has been my mother's surgeon got a complicated whipple surgery and a colectomy; both procedures were extremely complex. Dr. Ahmad made it seem easy. He has extremely skilled with a huge compassionate heart. I have never met a kinder surgeon with such a great warmth and a caring bed side manner. My mother is lucky to have him. And we are blessed to have known him.

Mar 30th, 2015

He is a surgeon's surgeon without doubt, he operated on me

Dr. Ahmad, the best surgeon, the kindest person show details Dr. Ahmad, the best surgeon, the kindest person
by Cathy Posey on Feb 9th, 2015

Dr. Ahmad was my surgeon. I had pancreatic cancer. I cannot say enough nice things about him. He is the kindest and most professional person I know.

Best surgeon ever! show details Best surgeon ever!
by Cathy Posey on Dec 22nd, 2014

He is the most kind and considerate person I have ever known, and he happens to be the best surgeon ever. He did the Whipple on me, and I am still alive to compliment him.

Incredible Surgeon! show details Incredible Surgeon!
by Jim L. on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Ahmad is an oncology surgeon, but he also does other kinds of surgery, as he did for me. He is an incredible surgeon and a wonderful, caring, genuine, patient, honest, and helpful doctor. I lucked out meeting him when I had to be admitted to the hospital after visiting the ER. The ER doctor was preparing me for surgery right then and there, but when Ahmad saw me, he was more than willing to give other options a try first. He's easy to talk to, listens well, and is an incredibly talented surgeon. He's humble, honest, and has a great sense of humor. You can't go wrong having him as your surgeon.

kindhearted show details kindhearted
Apr 21st, 2012

The first time I encountered this doctor that treated my husband, i knew that he will be in safe hands. From the surgery down to recovery, Dr. Ahmad was always there checking on my husband. He is a respectful doctor that valued my husband's life and my husband's worth in my family. It is seldom or I would say rare to find a doctor like this. My husband was overwhelmed on how Dr. Ahmad cared for him, and he felt like he was the doctor's priority. He showed these humorous attitude and laugh that eased my husband's pain a big deal and gave him such confidence to move on to his life. Thank you so much doctor for your big help.

Life saver! show details Life saver!
Apr 21st, 2012

I went in the ER w/scute abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting... it was small bowel obstruction... wasn't resolved conservativly... by the 3rd day I was operated on by Dr. Ahmad and thank God I feel great now... I haven't felt this good in a long time! Dr. Ahmad saved my life!

BEST SURGEON ever show details BEST SURGEON ever
Mar 12th, 2012

Can not say enough good things about this physcian. He is highly skilled and extremely caring - hands down the BEST bedside manner of any doctor, in fact - no one comes even close. Love DR. Ahmad!

Dr Aziz Ahmad show details Dr Aziz Ahmad
Jun 20th, 2011

I was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 weeks before my son graduated from UCLA. Dr Aziz Ahmad is a kind man with a wonderful heart. The time he spent with me was as if I was his only patient. He came in on his day off and visited my wife and I for almost an hour just talking about life. Remarkable man! I had the surgery and 3 weeks later I was at my son's graduation.He's the best!

Donnakerri Hofstetter show details Donnakerri Hofstetter
May 28th, 2011

I was especialy impressed with Dr Ahmad in his assesmentr of my needs. He listened and worked with my newly appointed Gi dr to make sure surgery might be avoided. When it could not he carefully walked me through and had done a professional and thorough job. It woul dbe good to have a little more feedback when I ask questions but he is very busy so that is rough. Excellent docter. I am post surgery 12 days.

Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Ahmad performed a right hemi-collectomy (removed about 7 inches of my colon) following a tumor that was found on my appendix. All of the doctors recommended him and said I would be in wonderful hands. While I don't know much about the surgery I do know that I could not have asked for a better doctor following surgery. He checked on me every single day following the surgery EVEN on his days off. (I had an unusually long recovery d/t GI conditions before the surgery) He was always able to be reached even if I had a simple question about how much medication I should take or if I could do something such as lifting objects. He was extremely caring and was always willing to hear me out. He also had the best bedside matter of any doctor I have ever met and has a huge heart, you can tell how much he truly cares about his patients. He allowed me to have the most comfortable recovery possible and went above and beyond his duties. I would highly recommend him and if I ever need a doctor with this specialty in the future, I would fly to the bay area from anywhere to have his expertise.

Caring & Kind show details Caring & Kind
Dec 27th, 2010

Dr. Ahamad took care of my sister during her final stages of ovarian cancer in October 2009. He was so wonderful to her and to our entire family. My sister enjoyed his visits, as he would take the time to chat with her about topics aside from her condition. He's very kind and personable and helped us get through the horrible ordeal of her last days. A !

Thank-you show details Thank-you
Oct 14th, 2010

Dr Aziz Ahmad , I thought was very personal to me he came to visit me a couple times a day in the hospital. Dr Ahmad came to see me late late night and I thought that was very special to me he cared even when he did not have to be at the hospital. Bedside manor 210%

THE BEST!! show details THE BEST!!
by Jen - San Mateo, CA on Aug 31st, 2010

I have never trusted another physcian as much as I trust Dr. Ahmad. He is a fantastic doctor from his expertise to his personality. It just does not get better. I feel so blessed to have been referred to him for my cancer treatment. I really feel like he is my advocate.

by Anonymous on May 20th, 2009