Dr. Aziz Kamali Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Aziz Kamali?

Never again....

Posted on May 16th, 2017

He's arrogant, doesn't listen, and is playing up N right scary. Initially, very polite. The office girls are nice but not organized. They never call back. Oh I could go on but why? I'm switching docs.

Posted on June 7th, 2016

Having been a patient of Dr. Kamali's for approximately 15 years I have felt confident that my concerns and questions would always be answered thoroughly and in a respectful manner. Having endured various issues as an aging woman, Dr. Kamali has identified and addressed the issues prior to them becoming a problem. This, in my opinion, is a priceless gift. Dr. Kamali's staff are really great to work with, whether it's refilling prescriptions, adjusting and making appointments or just having questions that need answering. I have no plans on ever leaving Dr. Kamali and would and have recommended him to others.

Posted on April 23rd, 2016

Great doctor loved by everyone!

STACKS AND PACKS HIS PATIENTS

Posted on June 4th, 2013

Dr. Kamali is an institution in Stockton. He handles patients at a local hospital and maintains a thriving and lucrative, if overbooked practice. The overbooking is my concern. On a routine follow-up, he had an emergency at the hospital, and his staff did not notify his patients. I had to drive 36 miles only to be turned away at the door. On reschedule, I arrived on time, waited 85 minutes, and still had 11 patients waiting when I had to leave. The third visit was a 62 minute wait, .I have requested my file and am looking for another primary.

Posted on May 6th, 2013

dr. kamali has been my doctor for along time.He has always been up front and honest with me and he is very compationate.He is my doctor but he is also my friend.

Patients Brother Al Juarez

Posted on January 13th, 2012

In my opinion, probably the best geriatric Dr. in Stockton Ca

Posted on September 4th, 2011

I had to go to Stockton for coronary bypass surgery. Following the hospital stay I was transferred to the Windsor Hampton care center for physical therapy and rehabilitation. Since I do not live in that area and my own doctor is over 70 miles away, Mr. Aziz Kamali was assigned as my general physician. I have been a diabetic for 18 years and have worked with my doctors to establish a regime to manage the disease. This centers around insulin and other drugs. I am also under medication for heart related issues. The nursing staff at the care center administered insulin and a variety of pills several times a day. The first few days I was still quite weak and didnt really pay close attention to what I was getting. Also, some of the pills went by different names than I was used to. This was due to a combination of generics and various manufacturers. When I entered the hospital I had brought a list of all my meds and dosages. These had been established through many years of working with my GP. Mr. Kamali wrote all my drug orders while I was in the care center. After about a week, I discovered that my insulin needs were decreasing. An unexpected benefit of the surgery. Up to this point I had never met Mr. Kamali. Prior to surgery I had taken Novolog, 90 units, 3 times a day and Lantus, 100 units at bed time. I went over the insulin use with my day nurses who were obviously the most knowledgeable members of the staff. Based on what I had been previously taught we decided to reduce the Novolog to 50 units and keep the Lantus the same. Then we would monitor my blood sugars and adjust daily. They said they would call in the changes to Mr. Kamali. I assumed that had happened. Over the next 3 days I had 4 low blood sugar incidents. One extremely low. That was more than in the prior 6 months. Then one night the nurse mentioned that my Lantus was 135. I told her that was wrong and after an argument she said she would contact Mr. Kamali. Shortly there after I met Mr.Kamali. He didnt visit but I heard him yelling at the nurses abusively. When I looked out of my room we were introduced. I tried to explain my insulin history but he was not willing to listen. Instead he began to speak to me in a very derogatory nature. I quickly put a stop to that. The next day my sugars soared. I found out that he had cut my Novolog to 20 units. I complained to the nurse. She said she would contact him. At dinner I inquired about the insulin they were about to give. He had cut it to 10 units. At this point I was fearing for my health. I called in the head of nursing and gave him a written statement that I didnt want Mr. Kamali to be involved with my care. He and I worked out my correct dosages. My sugars soon returned to normal. I was able to survive his mistreatment. What concerns me is that many of the patients at the care center are unable to participate in their health care. I have to wonder how many are not receiving the care they need. I dont know what the curriculum is at Kabul University where he got his degree, but I fear that it isnt up to modern standards.

Terrible Bedside Manner

Posted on May 10th, 2011

He had a terrible bedside manner. Cursing out nurses and my pharmacist when I needed my medication.

Fabulous Doctor

Posted on January 18th, 2010

I am 64 years old, have had a lot of doctors in many places, and I have never had a doctor I like as much. He has "old world" bearing and an outstanding bedside manner. Dr. Kamali is easy to talk to and I have never been rushed. Although I'd rather not see any doctor, I look forward to my visits with this one!

Posted on July 18th, 2017