A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Aziz Merchant:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Aziz Merchant, General and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Merchant
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Merchant Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Aziz Merchant, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Abdominal Cancer
- Abdominal Hernia
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Colon Cancer
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Femoral Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laparoscopic General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Splenectomy)
- Reflux Surgery (Fundoplication)
Education & Awards
Dr. Merchant graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Merchant has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Umdnj University Hospital
- St. Marys Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Aziz Moiz Merchant MD is a male Surgeon, has 12 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Aziz M. Merchant practice?
- Dr. Aziz Merchant has 1 office location.
Dr. Aziz Merchant practices Surgery near Newark, NJ.
See Newark Surgeons.