Dr. Babak Lami MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Schaumburg, IL

February 16th, 2017
Highly Recommend
Dr. Lami has come through for me big time. With the knowledge he gained from my MRI, he performed a successful out-patient laminectomy at L4-L5. He involved my wife in how to help me recover and provided 100% professionalism with great bedside manner. Along with his staff, especially physical therapist Dave Bragg, I have had tremendous results recovering from my injury. I couldn't be happier. I would recommend Dr. Lami and Illinois Spine Institute to anyone!

May 14th, 2016
Dr Lami is a very conservative surgeon- I was offered sugery by another surgeon. I saw Dr Lami for a 2nd opinion- he also offered other options for me.

May 7th, 2016
Great doctor!
Tremendous doctor who did my neck surgery. I'm very happy with the results.My arm pain and numbness are gone. Highly recommend. Thank you Dr.Lami

May 6th, 2016
Kind and skilled

March 19th, 2016
Nope. Pick anyone else.
I was referred to Dr. L. by an orthopedic surgeon who did not address spinal issues. I followed my GP's instructions and his staff's instruction and showed up with an MRI. Unfortunately, I live in a rural area and had my MRI done on a mobile truck. Dr. Lami threw a temper tantrum at me because the films weren't clear enough. Exactly how does a non medical person know beforehand that MRI's done on a truck are inferior? After his hissy fit I tried to explain my symptoms and he treated me as though I was a complete idiot. He would not listen and gave me the bum's rush out of there. He didn't even write an Rx for another, clearer MRI! It was imperative that I saw a spine surgeon (according to my GP and two other ortho docs) due to two factors: a) I was in extreme pain and b) I am an orchestral conductor and was unable to continue to work. I did find a doc who performed surgery (I did get new MRI films) and healed just fine. His attitude was alarming. I'm not sure someone with such anger issues should be wielding a scalpel.

January 6th, 2016
ms

April 14th, 2015
Dr.LAMI IS FANTASTIC SURGEON
Dr. Lami is a fantastic Physician and provides excellent diagnosis and care. He really cares about his patients takes the time to listen. He has performed back and neck surgery on me and i'm very satisfied with the results. I would highly recommend him!

February 26th, 2014
Rushed, didn't listen, poor advice
Very disappointed in first appt with him. He told me I should consider a career change, said my pain "isn't that bad" because u wasn't doubled over in pain, didn't let me talk or explain my concerns, and exam was minimal, at best. I received better care from the ER docs. Will NEVER return, nor recommend to anyone.
Doctor's Response

The patient was evaluated thoroughly-- He was not a surgical candidate and was told so-- The patient is dissatisfied because there was no surgical solution

June 8th, 2011
Kind and skilled physician and surgeon
I saw a few physicians before I saw Dr. Lami. He took the time to actually show me my the MRI and explain it to me in simple language. We tried physical therapy and shots first but they did not work for me. He did my surgery using the arthoscopic technique. I was out the hospital a few hours later with no sciatic pain. Dr. Lami is sofe spoken and speaks in simple terms and is very frank about the outcomes of any treatment. The staff were also super friendy

June 6th, 2011
Very caring doctor, excellent with minimally invasive surgeries, worked with me on payment.

January 21st, 2011
He listens and answers questions