Dr. Babak Mehrara MD Patient Reviews

• 16 reviews

August 7th, 2016
Avoid like a plaque
Avoid him like a plaque , his complication rates are over the roof. Terrible surgeon. Don't trust him and seek another opinion.

May 23rd, 2016
Dr Mehrara is not only a phenomal PS but he is a kind human being. He is definitely on point about what the outcome will be. I had two revisions by him and he made sure that I was happy with my results. He exceeded my expectations with my last revision. As a breast cancer patient, this is very important. I would highly recommend him as a plastic surgeon. Thank you Dr Mehrara was everything that you have done for me and all the other women you help.

March 14th, 2016
The Absolute Best
An excellent surgeon and a true artist! Dr. Mehrara did my expander, swap, fat grafting and native side augment for symmetry. The results are truly beautiful and the best I have seen in an MX reconstruction - much better than I had dared to hope for. I could not be happier with the aesthetic results thus far. I have one surgery to go to reconstruct the nipple and some additional fat grafting. I have every confidence that Dr. Mehrara will do an excellent job as he has thus far. Cancer is a jarring experience, but he has been caring and skillful enough to have made all the difference in putting me back together. I look even better than I did before, and while I would gladly trade the results for a body that never had cancer, it is a nice consolation to look good and feel whole. I know that I could not have made a better choice in reconstructive surgeons. Truly the best!

September 20th, 2015
Amazing Doctor
Dr. Mehrara and his team at Sloan, are amazing. I had a bilateral mastectomy for my 39th birthday and Dr. Mehrara did my multi-phase reconstruction. He took the time to explain all of my options and helped me to make a decision I was most comfortable with. I have moved several times while undergoing my reconstruction and I can tell you that every doctor I have seen (all in top rated, big city hospitals) is amazed at how beautiful my reconstruction/implants look. Dr. Mehrara coordinated my care so I could get expanded in the cities where I was residing. I flew back and forth to him for all the big surgeries. My scars are barely visible, I healed well, and my implants look amazing. Doctors can not believe that I had a bilateral mastectomy, that is how amazing a surgeon Dr. Mehrara is. I highly recommend him and would tell anyone I loved to go to him. Sloan Kettering does a great job coordinating your care if you are flying in from out of state, which I was. Dr. Mehrara is an amazing doctor. I agree with others, that he easily could be in California making a fortune, but the fact that he chooses to help people in need, recover from horrible diagnoses, tells you about his spirit. He is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and extremely skilled. I am so incredibly blessed that I found him.

June 2nd, 2015
Poor reconstruction after jaw operation ,refused to take responsibility for corrective action

April 8th, 2015
He really listens and has been the best doctor that I have ever seen. He goes out of his way to help me and will look at all concerns that I amy have.

July 4th, 2013
Dr. Mehrara is a perfectionist and when it comes to plastic surgery, that's exactly what I wanted. When he meets with you he's sometimes quick, in and out of the room. But he has a confidence about him and expertise that is superior. I am going through breast reconstruction after a bilateral mastectomy and he has been/is doing an amazing job. He also has worked seamlessly with my breast surgeon and my radiation oncologist which has made my life and treatment so much easier. As a woman in her young 30's, the cosmetic part of this whole process is important-- Dr. Mehrara has done a great job listening and working with me so I can start to put this awful situation behind me and look/feel as best I can.

June 27th, 2012
Here's a guy who clearly could be out somewhere like Beverly Hills making bank on boob jobs and tummy tucks, and yet chooses to bring his wonderful bedside manner and amazing skills to women who require disfiguring surgery for cancer. That speaks volumes about what a wonderful doctor he is. Truly I am so thankful that I was able to find him. I highly recommend him to anyone needing oncoplastic surgery. What a great find. Thank you Dr. Mehrara, for everything.

April 23rd, 2012
Excellent surgeon!
Very personable. Meticulous and careful with an outstanding and supportive staff. Excellent surgical results and I felt emotionally good too!

January 28th, 2010
excellent physician with skillful technicques

January 14th, 2010
Dr. Mehrara is phenomenal in all regards.

October 31st, 2009
AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!
Dr. Mehrara is extremely professional and personable. He made feel 100% comfortable about the surgery I was undergoing. His staff is efficient and thorough, handling all of my needs. I have the utmost confidence in and respect for Dr. Mehrara. I would recommend him to everyone.