A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Babak Sarani:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Babak Sarani, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Critical Care
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Sarani graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Sarani has 4 hospital affiliations:
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sarani accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Babak Sarani practice?
Dr. Babak Sarani practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, and Critical Care Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC.
See Philadelphia Surgeons, Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Critical Care Practitioners, Philadelphia Cardiologists, and Philadelphia Obstetricians & Gynecologists.