A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Babak Sarani:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Babak Sarani, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Critical Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Sarani graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Sarani has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sarani accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Babak Sarani practice?
Dr. Babak Sarani practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.