Dr. Bahram Rahmani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

October 23rd, 2013
Has been great with my daughter... and me.
Dr Rahmani has been treating my daughter since 6mo. The whole staff at Children's hospital is wonderful. He is good with her and he is great at giving the parent all the information needed. I love that he is not wishy-washy. It's also clear from talking to him how much he truly cares about kids vision. The wait can be a while, but it's worth it for such a high level of experience and care. (BTW, there is a great big park across the street for when you are done.)

August 10th, 2012
Dr. Rahmani is great, office staff is friendly, but.......
I have taken my 1 year old to Dr. Rahmani 5-6 times since she was 4 months old. Each time, the office staff have been nice and I have no objections to Dr. Rahmani - I trust him and think that he's caring and knowledgeable. However, each time I have been to his office (both the old one and the new one by Northwestern), the wait times have been unbelievable. Today I waited for 1.5 hours with a progressively impatient 1 year old. I was nearly in tears by the end since the waiting room is incredibly small and there was nearly no room to move around or let her move around. The waiting room was packed. I would have thought that since they *just* built this (supposedly) amazing new hospital, the waiting rooms would at leave be comfortable, especially when patients spend over an hour there. On the plus side, the staff were apologetic about the wait. But there's a bigger problem - don't schedule 15 minute appointments when you consistently run behind. It's just not right. Instead of a "where kids come first" feeling, it's more like a 'where money is king" (trying to cram as many billable visits into a day as possible).Also, for all the excitement about the new hospital's facilities, they are truly disappointing. The family restroom in which I was hoping to change a diaper had no change table in it! In a children's hospital! The waiting room floor, furniture, and toys were visibly dirty - having a 1 year old who puts everything in her mouth makes me more sensitive to this.Again, the office staff were friendly, but the wait time was absurd. And being child experts, they should know better than to book appointments so that the wait time is so ridiculously long. Children just don't tolerate it.

November 15th, 2011
The Absolute Best
Dr. Rahmani has been my daughter's Ophthalmologist since she was 5 weeks old, now at 3 1/2 almost and our baby that no one had much "hope" for is doing Wonderful. He is patient in explaining everything, he's compassionate, will do everything to fit you in if needed, and reassures you of everything before and after procedures. He's our God send, we wouldn't have the little girl we have today without his optimism and care. Feel confident in your choice with Dr. Rahmani, he's just that good!

August 12th, 2010
He's My Hero
Dr. Rahamani is EXCELLENT with kids. My daughter has been his patient since she was 6 months old. She is now 7-1/2 years old. The surgery he performed on her was perfect and I am VERY happy with my choice to have him as her ophthalmologist.