2.0

Drugged up show details Drugged up
Mar 20th, 2016

Horrible drugs , too many drugs left my mom a vegetable! She broke her hip at St John Macomb mental ward and they said she was making it up! She sat with a broken hip for a day! Terrible Doctor find someone else do your homework!

Dr. Gupta is a very bad doctor show details Dr. Gupta is a very bad doctor
by Jessica Jane Jones on Jul 14th, 2015

I was in st. johns macomb psychiatric floor. I was brought into the ER for my depression and suicidal idealizations. I was also in a medication assisted drug treatment program where I complied with every rule. It was actually the only thing going well in my life at the time. I was off heroin for the longest i had ever been. Doctor gupta should NOT practice any kind of medicine what so ever. He ripped me off my dose of methadone, which in un heard of. You have to lower a patients dose over time. I was so sick the whole time i was there and He ignored the reason i was brought in. He was the rudest meanest doctor i have ever met. I wanted help. I needed help with my mental illness I was not using any street drugs or abusing my medication. I was on a very small dose actually. He kept me in there for 11 days I had seizures, tremors, sweats, chills, constantly puking and diarrhea. He REFUSED to treat any of my symptoms. He wouldn't even let me have Motrin, aspirin or even pepto for my stomach. I have read his file of illnesses he treats and poly substance abuse is not one of them. He had no right to take me off that medication against the advice of another doctor. I did not sleep the whole time i was there. I asked him for something to help me sleep he proceeded to tell me a sleeping pill would make me fat and that i already was too heavy. I had miscarried 2 weeks before i was admitted. Every time i saw him which was literally 2 mins every day he asked when i planned on having children. He treats everyone horrible and puts almost every single patient on the same cocktail of drugs that only do harm instead of help. Please please do not let yourself or loved ones be a patient to this horrible horrible man. I could write pages of the horrible conditions of that ward that go along with his shocking way of how he was treating patients. I have unfourtunately been in several psych wards and have met tons of psychiatrists. Nobody is as awful as this man. I suffer from ptsd and my stay has only made everything worse. I got back on heroin for a while because I was BEYOND sick when i left and I have to work. For some of us who cant afford to stay in an extended expensive treatment facility medicated assisted treatment is our only option. He didn't see it that way. If i was coming off of a street drug it would have been different. I through all the pills with his name down the toilet and proceeded to see a REAL doctor. Someone who received their medical degree in the USA. This man is evil and horrible and I pray nobody makes the mistake of having to have him as their doctor. This is a synopsis of what happened because this would be very long if i explained everything. He plays mind games with already very sick people. He is uncaring and even the nurses seemed like they didn't respect him at all but had to carry out his orders. Please do not send any loved ones to this psych unit. please don't. for your own well being. even looking at his picture on this site makes me sick to my stomach.

Horrible doctor show details Horrible doctor
by nick krajniak on Jun 19th, 2015

Things about this dr. are all horrible you do not have a say so in any thing if you want medication then see a different doc he will not give you nothing and if you dont want nothing but to talk then he will have you on ten different meds that will have your head messed up in a bad way you will go to him depressed then you will leave even more depressed with him wanting trying to force you to his psychiatric floor at st johns were he gets a few grand a day for each patient he has there he just spins ur words and will screw ur insurance.

To quick to medicate show details To quick to medicate
Aug 5th, 2011

Placed me on to many meds and I was out of it. went to another doc and he corrected my meds and put me on a regime that felt much better and didnt snow me.

Dr. G.. show details Dr. G..
by Can't Remember S.... on Jul 25th, 2009

I found Dr. Gupta to be great when it came to diagnosing me and keeping my meds issues straight. Because of this I stayed with him for 12 years. His psychatric unit 3W is well-run. He is a great doctor who cares about his patients. The office staff were pretty cool most of the time, but 2 of 'em (new)need to learn how to talk to people. However,he believes in ECT's a bit too much for me. I am having severe memory issues from 50 ECT's. I was ignorant of the fact that I would have anteretrograde amnesia and would still have it 4 years later. I consented to the treatments and signed all that paperwork, but the reality of it all was different. See him for your diagnosis and meds,he knows what he is doing. I was a mess when I met him. My severe depression had been under control for 12 years, but I can't remember things a lot of the time. Don't get talked into ECT's easily.

Terrible psychiatrist show details Terrible psychiatrist
by James on Jun 4th, 2008

He misdiagnosed me and put me on the wrong meds, and now that I have a new psychiatrist I'm doing much better. Don't visit Dr. Bal Gupta.