A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Balakuntalam Kasinath:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Balakuntalam Kasinath, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Renal Osteodystrophy
Education & Awards
Dr. Kasinath graduated from Bangalore Medical College. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kasinath has 7 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- South Texas Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kasinath accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans