Dr. Balbir Sharma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 4th, 2015
lab coat drug dealer
Just another street style drug dealer with a $3 lab coat....... cash only & only sees paitents one day a week... never checks vitals or anything related to what's prescribed.... this office's biggest concern is that the CASH payment is made first.... he should have all his authority to prescribe anything taken away asap..... just a heads up.... $500 for first script.... its actually easier to aquire it on the street than have him hold your health hostage.... beware look elsewhere. ..suboxone is all about $$$$ not a better way of life....

July 26th, 2015
Beware....
When I told Dr. Sharma that I felt like everythng he was giving me was only making me worse. He took it as an insult and yelled at me calling me pathetic. Sad thing is my counselor was in there and did nothing. I ran out. They did no follow up. I had a suicide attempt 2 days later (many over the years before that). Went cold turkey off meds for 2 yrs. Had to go back to see a psych doc and turns out that the anti-depressants made me suicidal. Haven't taken any since that day and not one attempt. Struggle miserably with depression, but no attempts because I have a good pdoc now that won't give me anti-depressants.

August 28th, 2013
Dr Abandonment
Dr Sharma is by far the worst Dr I have ever been to. I had recently been discharged from the hospital into Dr Sharma's care and on the second appointment we had a personal disagreement that has nothing to do with my healthcare/reason for appointment and on my 2nd appointment he tells me he will no longer be my Dr. Thanks for abandoning me right out of the hospital and trying to charge me for it real classy. This Dr did not care about me at all and just wants his money

June 16th, 2013
Horrible
There is very little positive that can be said about this doctor's treatment of me, and based on short discussions on the waiting area, I expect that my comments are not isolated. On my first visit, Dr. Sharma began talking philosophically and about medications before I said anything. He talked for about 95% of the lengthy appointment. I had immediate switches to medications involving big jumps in potency . I have had positive results, but I feel like it was blind luck rather than true assessment and treatment. After being placed on substantial doses of a benzo and Lunesta, I have twice had major lengthy delays in these medications, resulting in immediate stops in each. With Lunesta, I had almost a 1 month gap from maximum dose due to repeated non-response from this office even though the doctor had clearly planned that I continue the treatment and had not planned a taper. I was also instructed that I owed an extra $100 directly beyond insurance coverage because an appointment ran long, which was almost entirely caused by Dr. Sharma rambling about random historical and philosophical points unrelated to my condition. I paid it in order to avoid disruption in service with lengthy waits to see a new doctor. I will be talking to my primary care doctor about an exit strategy and strongly discouraging future referrals to this doctor.

February 8th, 2013
Dr. Sharma is probably the most unprofessional Psychiatrist I have ever seen. His wait times are commonly over 2 hours, which is not an exaggeration. His office staff is disorganized and don't even have the courtesy to let you know you'll be waiting. You just have to sit their wondering if somehow you confused your appointment time. Once you get in to see him, don't expect that you'll be doing much talking. The reason his appointments are late is because he'll spend the entire time listening to himself talk, running over the clock. Since he doesn't listen to you, don't expect him to have any clue in treating you.

July 23rd, 2012
awful & dangerous
He confused me with a a substance abuser. he referred to me as a woman ( checked my pants). this was in my medical records that I needed for SSI. wait times were up to 3 hours. staff were hacks. straight out of McDonald's. I have never had problems with doctors. check the net for record's pertaining to a sancture he received in regards to a patient who died.

June 12th, 2012
HORRIBLE!
First Dr. Sharma is not available for patients that require urgent attention. I was given Xanax and not scheduled for an appointment before it ran out. This lead to serious DT's. I asked if I could come in for a script and was told he's not set up to do walk-ins for patients. I ended up in the ER. Next, the wait time is really long. It takes a least a month to get in, you are always put on hold forever when calling in, and the secretary is scattered and unorganized. Expect on waiting at least an hour after your scheduled appointment time. I will certainly not be going back.

January 3rd, 2012
Unprofessional - total waste of time.
There are no psych docotors where I live so I drove 3 hours into town for my 11am appointment w/ Dr Sharma. When I arrived they told me that they mistakenly double booked him and that he was in a "conference" and that he could absolutely see me at 4pm. I waited for 4.5 hours and called back at 3:30 to make sure we were still on for 4 and was told that he was still in "conference" but he could see me tomorrow. I explained again that I drove in from out of town and was not available tomorrow. They had no way to compensate me for the 11 hours wasted (3 hour drive each way and 5 hour wait between 11 and 4).

January 3rd, 2012
unprofessional - total waste of time

October 15th, 2011
Good Doctor
Intelligent, knows his subject matter, inciteful. Cannot be blamed for waiting times since some patients have problems that do not fit neatly into time categories. Therefore, time over-runs and waits. Office staff could get better organized, but the new person, as the last was, is a caring person and does the best she can with the caseload of patients she is dealing with.

July 22nd, 2011
An uncaring "DR"
my husband had a crisis on Thursday when the office is closed but left an urgent message he really wanted to speak with the dr ..the dr did not call him back my husband lost faith and took a bottle of pain killers .. my husband is in the mental health system ,, thanks alot doctor

June 2nd, 2011
First appointment was great, he told me his game plan and I was on board. Was interrupted twice because he was taking too long. Felt good about him until the next visit... was waiting for over an hour to see him along with 8 other people. When he did call my name, he was so quick to get me out but not without his massive amounts of sample meds. He currently has me on 3 anti depressants. I am going to find another psych and get his opinion. Be wary of him, hes just a money hungry quack!