Dr. Baldev Rai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 4 reviews

September 21st, 2016
Underwhelmed
No one greets you upon entering. Multiple appointments, no Hi or Greeting. You go in, the sign sheet is usually on their side. I reached over, signed, put it back. After sitting for 5 min , 1 of the two moving around receptionists said Hello and asked for my copay. I was taken in right away. Less than 5 min. They insist mine were turned in, but I still have them. They argued that I had turned them in. This doctor does not look at your paper work, absolutely no interest, so don't bother it's to keep you busy. He does not look at your past history, symptoms, meds, nothing. If its a chemical imbalance, or meds affecting memory, he's not going to find it. He goes completely by what you can communicate to him. The girl who put me in the room , asked, which was my dr. I told her and she said oh, usually our seizure patients are with the other doctor. Why are you with him? Uh, I didn't know i had seizures? This was unnerving, because I don't have seizures. I sat through the appointment anxious, waiting for him to tell me I have seizures. I finally asked. No. I was given a different diagnosis for something else he didn't ever discuss with me but he is boss. The test authorization didn't go in promptly, when I called them to find out why so long. They hadn't put it in. They quickly did it. I I did it. Then called to let me know as asked so report could be read and ready. Several weeks later at my appointment, there was no report of the test. I asked for it, they don't have it. But it was fine. If you ever get to see Dr. Meko Porter, in Palm Desert you will feel absolutely gyped, coming here and know you are not getting quality care.

December 4th, 2015
I have gone to Dr Rai for a long time. (Aprrox 1985). He has treated me for Migraine (in remission since 2010) and sleep disorder. He has also treated my wife for migraine and other problem all with excellent results.

May 18th, 2013
Not what I expected
How do you give zero stars? It would be much more appropriate. Isn't the first step in being a doctor to "first do no harm" and doesn't that ultimately begin before a doctor even starts an evaluation of the patient. Isn't patient history important? To take an accurate patient history, a doctor needs to ask appropriate questions and actually listen to the patient. Dr. Rai is highly deficient in this area. I would caution anyone against placing something as valuable as his/her health in this doctor's care. Get a referral elsewhere.

May 15th, 2010
Excellent sleep doctor. Doesn't try to tell you what's wrong with you until you have told him all of your symptoms. Actually seems to care if you get rest or not, and whether you can function on the rest you get.