Dr. Balinder Chahal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Balinder Chahal?

December 18th, 2015

to hung up on policy

At the beginning like every place you go the whole staff is very profesional and caring. The dr. Shows very knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable. After one is a patience there for a while the true colors start to show. It's all about money. Trying to use "policy" to make one pay extra!!! No more caring... Also their "policy" is to test patients for drug use before each visit. Even if the patient is not seen for adiction. $$$ This is not the right way to treat a patient like a $ Sign or a drug addict.

November 30th, 2015

Doctor is fantastic.

September 10th, 2014

Worst Experience ever!

Was referred to him by another therapist & right from the start the office staff was beyond rude, didn't care what was going on & showed no emotion for the situation my child was going through & was completely unprofessional. Waited WEEKS trying to get an answer on if we could even SEE him. Finally got a phone call stating they weren't going to accept him as a patient. I have worked with the public for over 35 years & never seen anything this bad. Would never go there.

February 6th, 2014

Great experience

My husband recently saw Dr. Chahal. He has never seen a psychiatrist before and went into a deep depression, not able to function. Dr. Chahal was so kind and caring. He has a wonderful bedside manner! The staff were great and got us in pretty quick. Dr. Chahal put my husband on an anti-depressant and he is much better. Thank you Dr. Chahal for your caring and kindness!

April 15th, 2013

I took over care for my schizophrenic and mentally disabled sister about two years ago, after my mother died. My sister had been going to Dr. Chahal for about six years at that time. Consistently, the office asked if she were a new patient. Her time in the office with the Dr. never ran more than ten minutes, and she was required to make a visit every three months. Dr. Chahal charges $125 to Medicare for each visit. If you need anything signed by the doctor, that will cost an additional $25-$40. There is an hour or more wait for almost every appointment (4 times the amount of time she would spend speaking to the Dr.), and the office girls were rude and could care less about anything at all. In one emergency recently when I was unable to take her to her appointment until three days after her Rx ran out, the Dr. refused to call in medication (even though she is on a serious anti-psychotic). Last week I made an appt, and the office called me to reschedule with a nurse practitioner instead for another day. I accepted, then found that I was required to attend a meeting that day, so I called back to switch the appt. When I went to the new appt, they charged me a "missed appt" fee of $40. When my sister informed the Dr. that we would be finding another doctor, his only response was "okay." No question why, no interest at all. They are only in it for the money - they couldn't care less about their patients. We are leaving this Dr. to find an office that is at least interested in the welfare of patients. There was never a single follow up after any visit.

March 27th, 2013

Nice Guy, Terrible Service

I took my two sons to Dr Chahal between 4-6 times. We always scheduled our visits first thing in the morning so they wouldn't miss much school. Without fail, we waited for Dr Chahal 40-60 minutes at each visit. Most of the time we were waiting because he had not shown up for work yet. Summer came and I didn't give my boys their meds because they didn't need them in the summer. When I scheduled our next appt after summer, I was told they would need a new initial evaluation visit because it had been longer than four months since our last visit. This is not correct. FL law requires a new initial visit after six months. Since I was already not satisfied with their service (Dr Chahal always being late and difficult to communicate with), I decided to change doctors. I thought I canceled the appt but they say I didn't. After calling me a couple of times, I kept explaining that I changed doctors for the reasons I stated here. They insisted I pay the $80 for the missed appt. I said they had some nerve trying to make me pay when they made me wait at least 40 minutes at every appt. I did them a favor by making it possible for him to be on time for his 2nd appt that day. I thought it was resolved, until I got a letter from them two years later, threatening to send me to collections. We settled on $40 and they preferred I share my very poor experience where ever I could, rather than them do the right thing. He's a very nice man but a terrible businessman. I think they replaced the receptionist that was there when I went. She was awful and extremely rude.

September 19th, 2012

TERRIBLE OFFICE STAFF

I have been a patient of Dr. Chahal's for sometime and I like Dr. Chahal's treatment methods and bedside manner. The problem I have is his office is managed so poorly that his patients suffer for that. Phone calls go completely unanswered. If you call with any question you are placed on hold and eventually hung up on. The office staff is rude, unprofessional and just unconcerned with Dr. Chahal's patients. I do not think he realizes how bad things are in his office. I do not think he is aware of what goes on because he isn't given complaints. I have never had a phone call to him returned and I do not think he is ever given messages. THIS OFFICE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR BEHAVIOR!!!!!!

February 29th, 2012

They told me in Missouri that I would not find a good Dr. in Florida they were right I found a great one in Dr. Chahal I think I hit the jackpot when I found him thank you

April 27th, 2011

You'll be overcharged and will wait over an hour every time.

I have been a patient here for a number of years and have recently made my last visit. Dr. Chahal is a nice man, and a good doctor, but a bad businessman. I have never had a wait less than 45 minutes and most are an hour or more. His staff will call you and tell you how much to pay before a few days before you arrive, and then will charge you more at the desk. I will not be back here, and would suggest that others find a more professionally run operation.

September 30th, 2010

Relief

After years of depression finally found a doctor who has the experience and expertise to help me. Its been an uphill battle but Dr.C has been a true lifesaver. God Bless him.

March 9th, 2010

Patients

Extremely long wait time. Only spent five minutes in actual office.

January 4th, 2009

The staff is very polite and give you a reminder call 24 hrs before your appointment. Although the first appointment took about 3 weeks, all other appoints after that have been easier to book. Their hours of operation are until 5PM, which are a plus for me. I'm not a morning person. After years of misdiagnosis and very bad experiences with other doctors, he is a sigh of relief. I have been very happy with my treatment for the past two years. I have improved greatly and finally seen a light at the end of the tunnel.