Dr. Baljeet Mahal MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiology Cumberland, MD

• Good
  • Bad

October 27th, 2015
This Dr was absolutely rude! He only asked me 2 questions. Quite rudely , wouldn't let me give any background on my issue. When I tried to speak he just kept barking the question at me, which I was trying to answer. I've had 14 car accidents and several head injuries so I can't always form a sentence as quickly as I'd like. He berated me, snapped at me and then wouldn't order the necessary procedures so that I could have testing "he ordered" for me, done. Basically he ordered testing knowing that I had medical issues that would prevent me from getting the testing. When I brought this up he simply said tell the hospital. This was an issue only the physician ordering the test could do anything about. I know this as I've been through it in the past and thankfully with a more understanding physician who did the right thing and ordered what I needed to get the testing done. The phone staff was also exceptionally rude as well and hung up on me 3 times while I was trying to get information on my test days and additional necessary procedures to do said tests. After the third hang up and call back I was told they wouldn't be having me as a patient and not to worry about the cardiac testing. My heart must have miraculously healed itself. I don't know if this is due to their judgment of me for medications I'm currently taking (which by the way had zero to do with my visit) but Dr's should never be able to treat patients the way I was treated. I came to this DR for help and left in tears and with the same heart issues now confirmed by another DR.!! Shame on all of you! My next step is the medical board and filing a formal complaint.

September 4th, 2011
Dr.Mahal
I was visiting Cumberland and had heart attack.Dr.Mahal saved my life.Thank you Dr.Mahal

May 9th, 2016