A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Banad Viswanath:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Viswanath graduated from Government Medical College, Jammu.
Dr. Viswanath has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brooklyn Hospital Center/Downtown Campus
- Brooklyn Hospital Center - Caledonian Campus
- Downtown & Cal
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Viswanath accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Banad N. Viswanath practice?
Dr. Banad Viswanath practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Hicksville, NY and Flushing, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists, Brooklyn Cardiologists, and Brooklyn Surgeons.