Dr. Bandana Chawla MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2016
Appreciation
Thank you very much for your help regarding my health. I appreciate the way you delivered your service. I am quite impressed.

December 8th, 2015
Great doctor for our family
Dr. Chawla has been taking care of me and my husband for the last few years. We are absolutely thrilled with the kind of care we receive from her. She is very prompt, caring, attentive and accessible. She is truly a family doctor for us.

April 7th, 2014
Rude "office manager"
I'm not sure if I was speaking to the office manager or Dr. Chawla because initially the woman who answered said "This is Dr. Chawla" and then midway in the conversation she said "I'm the office manager." I have a feeling it was the doctor (because of the accent). I have been extremely worried and stressed about my health issue, read great reviews and hoped that Dr. Chawla would help me. Instead from the beginning the tone that was used with me was very condescending, rude and rushed. My insurance is provided by the school I go to and although it says UnitedHealthcare, I have to self pay and then submit receipts with a form for reimbursement at the school. Weird, I know but that's the way it works and I've been through the process several times now. So the woman and I clearly established that I am a self pay patient. Since I'm only going to be in town for a short while I asked the woman if I could get an order for blood work before coming in so she could have the results in hand while she did a routine checkup. The response was that she couldn't do that because I didn't have insurance. I said I didn't understand this since I had previously made an appointment with another doctor that said this could be done. I gave an example of what the other doctor had said. They had told me I would walk in to Quest which would already have the order and then I'd come in to see the doctor who would receive the results. After seeming upset that I didn't agree with her she said fine I'll give the order to Quest but United doesn't take Quest and you'll have to self pay. I told her it doesn't matter what doctor I go to or what lab I go to. Everything is paid out of pocket by me. Then I submit receipts and receive a check. I thought we had established I would be a self pay patient and should be treated as one for both labs and the visit. I told her that although she may be familiar with United she may not know every single plan offered by them (I go to school abroad). After a bit of arguing I told her to cancel the appointment because I was fairly certain I was talking to Dr. Chawla and I didn't want to be going in with this kind of rapport already established.
Doctor's Response

I am so sorry for your bad experience. We are able to send the order directly to quest to have blood work done prior to an appointment in an established patient who is already in our system. However, we can never order labs on a patient who has never been seen by us before.

August 20th, 2013
Truly a compassionate doctor
Dr Bandana Chawla, very professional , compassionate, concerned with my health and down to earth. I can tell her all about my health issues. Listens eagerly to my health problems. I've seen a lot of different doctors in my whole life. And Dr Chawla i believe is really dedicated and concerned to her profession. It's hard to find nowadays a real human in nature like Dr Chawla.

September 28th, 2012
The Best Doc in the World
This doctor has helped me on so many levels. She is very attentive and thorough. I never feel rushed or misunderstood. She has called me directly to check on me. She is the best doctor I have ever been to!

November 29th, 2011
Wonderful caring manner
We are very fortunate to have Dr. Chawla take care of my father over several years. I am yet to come across a physician who is more genuine and caring as Dr. Chawla. She is a gem and I heartily agree with the other reviewer - "we would not trade her for another either!!!"

August 3rd, 2011
Excellent Doctor!!!
I have been with this doctor for about 4 years now. I never walk out feeling misunderstood or unheard. She brings a professional and friendly attitude, listens intently, and is very accomadating. I would not trade her for another!!

October 2nd, 2009
Highly recommended
Nice office and nice staff. Dr. Chawla is an excellent doctor with great bedside manners.

June 22nd, 2017