Dr. Bao Dang MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2016
Worst Medical Experience to date.
I've been to multiple walk-in clinics due to the nature of my job and travel, and even through Sparks was the referred one in the area, I have never been to one as bad this. I have no complaints with the staff. Most were friendly, though somewhat distracted. A couple could use some better bed-side manners, but nothing bad enough to actually note. They weren't mean. The wait time itself was relatively quick. What was terrible was the MD on duty that I saw, Dr. Bao Dang. I don't know if this was his usual temperament, but I have never felt more rushed or disrespected. From the moment he walked in the door he gave an air of not wanting to be there, having a quickened pace and hurried speech. He asked me a few questions so quickly about my symptoms that he nearly cut off some of my answers when moving on to the next. Absolutely zero bed side manner. He had no interest in hearing what I had to say. He ran through the steps so cold and calculative it felt as if he suspected me of wanting to 'abuse the system'. Abuse how? With a sinus infection? I wasn't there asking for pain pills. When I told him I had some antibiotics left over from last doctor about a week and a half ago, he got oddly defensive and started to question me, "How do you possibly have any left over?" Like I was 'abusing' amoxicillin. I had to explain to him that it was exactly ten days ago that I had been treated the first time, and I was given a ten day supply and I had one excess because I had forgotten to taken it on an evening when I was at a wedding. He even had to go verify my account by looking at the calendar on his computer to count the days, then seeing the truth, shrugged his shoulders and went on. In the end, all I had done to me was a strep throat test, which came back negative. All he gave me was an allergy nose spray and some decongestant. To treat 'allergies' he said was my issue when I was suffering far worse: fevers, swollen lymph nodes, severe headaches, and unable to swallow my throat was so sore. I had to physically ask for an anti-viral for a cold sore I had gotten after the prolonged sickness, because even though he clearly saw it, he did not care enough to bother asking about it. At the very end, he simply wrote me a script, handed it to me, and said you're finished and rushed off like he had some place to be. On my way out, I heard him sighing at one of his nurses when she asked him do to something. Note, this place wasn't busy either. There was one person waiting in that room with me. It wasn't as if he was overwhelmed with the stress of a blackflow of patients. I'm normally not picky and am fairly laid back when it comes to bad experiences, but this was truly awful. Absolute waste of time and money. I have never been seen by a worse doctor and I've had some bad ones. I also never write reviews like this. In fact, this is my very first one.That is how bad my experience was here. I'll never be coming back to this clinic. I don't know if I'll ever go back to any sparks clinic. In the end. Save yourself the hassle and go somewhere else where they'll take care of you.

August 8th, 2013
UNSATISFIED
I was using him as my Primary Physician. He scheduled an appointment for a full physical and then asked me why I was there when I arrived. Never remembered who I was, made me feel rushed and unheard. He also refused to refill a medication that he had prescribed without seeing me again (while I had an upcoming appointment) and allowed that prescription to run out- causing me many problems! This was not responsible patient care!! Avoid this Doctor (and I use the term loosely) at all cost!!

March 4th, 2012
Very good all-around experience
I was looking for a new GP when I happened upon Dr. Dang. Unhappy with the overall care and the staff at my previous GP, I went looking and happened upon Dr. Dang. I have been with him almost a year now and I could not be more pleased with all aspects of his care. From this staff to his demeanor, I'm very satisfied and consider the experience a substantial upgrade to my medical care. I am 65 years old and afflicted with Type II Diabetes and Coronary Heart Disease so I keep him busy keeping me healthy...which he does through regular visits and excellent treatment.

August 22nd, 2016