Dr. Bao Phan, MD
Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Exceptional experience show details Exceptional experience
by Tiana on Feb 1st, 2016

From the moment I met Dr. Phan on Kauai I immediately felt comfortable speaking with him as he was very thorough and patient with answers for my consult questions. I felt confident and trusted his work in choosing him as my breast augmentation surgeon. Dr. Phan's staffing from his receptionists, nurses and anesthesiologist all represented exceptional customer service. Sherri and Danielle were pleasant to work with in regards to scheduling and follow-ups with my pre-op, surgery, and post-op appointments. Dr. Phan's Kauai office is a welcoming, tranquil and comfortable environment which is centrally located and convenient. My surgery day was filled with excitement! Dr. Phan's office location at the surgery center on Oahu was impressive. It was immaculate with floor to ceiling windows. The anesthesiologist was thorough and comforting. I felt confident and reassured that I was in good hands for my surgery. Dr. Phan followed up with me the evening of my surgery to make sure I was okay. My post-ops since then have been pleasant. I continue to look forward to my progressive healing towards my final results. Words cannot express how ecstatic I am with my breast augmentation results thus far (9 weeks post-op).

Tummy Tuck Success show details Tummy Tuck Success
by Lisa G. on Oct 26th, 2015

I generally can't stand doctors, as they tend to be arrogant jerks. Dr Phan is the exception. After conducting extensive research, both online and in person, I decided on Dr Phan & flew over to Honolulu for a tummy tuck. I have an athletic build but 3 pregnancies, multiple abdominal surgeries, and 52 years of hardship have taken their toll. Dr Phan has a private operating room, which is next to his office in a futuristic new medical building with a spectacular view. I found that not only does he have superior surgical knowledge & skills, but he also possesses a genuinely caring disposition. I'm a difficult patient yet he took the time to answer and explain the 'hows' and 'whys' of my many pesky questions. Now I'm just 2 months post-op, but can already see the muscular definition of the tummy tuck. I highly recommend Dr Phan & suggest you request 'Mar' for anesthesia nurse.

by gennnnn on Oct 14th, 2015

Dr. Phan is the best! I instantly knew he was someone i could trust with my breast augmentation. He is not only skilled and educated in what he does but he is also very comforting, and caring for his patients. After my consultation he took the time to answer all my questions that would pop up in my head randomly, when i would email him he would respond quickly. When it came time to figuring out a perfect surgery date he and his staff were so friendly and helpful. Surgery day went smoothly and perfect thanks to Dr. Phan and his awesome staff! My husband and I were very impressed with everything and we highly recommend Dr.Phan!

Making impossibilities possible...Truly Exceptional show details Making impossibilities possible...Truly Exceptional
by GummyBearLollipop on Sep 30th, 2015

I am 32 years old, have 4 kids and breastfed them all. Due to breastfeeding and pregnancy the outcome was asymetrical breasts. I decided to get breast augmentation to fix the asymmetry. After doing extensive research about breast augmentation and the different implants offered, I made the decision to get the implants nicknamed "gummy bears." The reasons I choose that particular implant is because of the great statistics it brings to the table compared to saline and silicone. It's also the most natural looking. The next step was finding a doctor that could best fulfill my needs and goals and that would give me the best results. I searched top doctors in Hawaii and read through about 4 or 5 different doctors, viewing their websites, galleries, and reading all about them and their philosophy's. Personally I felt that Dr. Bao Phan would be my best choice. I loved viewing his gallery, reading about him and I also liked the fact that he has his own private practice, offices on 3 different islands, and his own state of the art clinic. My initial consultation appointment lasted little over an hour. He answered all of my questions confidently and without hesitation. He was very knowledgable about the different types of implants and about each procedure, as well as, the risks and complications. He explained everything very thoroughly because by the end of the consultation, I barely had any questions. He's very thorough when explaining things and always has your intentions and goals in mind when he recommends what procedure, or procedures, would work best in helping you achieve your goals and that would give you the best outcome in the end. I found out that in order to achieve my goal of symmetrical breasts, I would need a breast lift one side due to one of my breast being saggier and larger than the other. It has been almost a week since my procedure and I must say that Dr. Phan and his staff have been an exceptional team and the best support I have received from any doctor and staff team I have ever experienced. His receptionist on Kauai, Sherri, is an exceptional employee that has exceeded my expectations overall. She's willing to go that extra mile for you and is sincere in doing so. She's very helpful and understanding and is always looking for solutions and answers to help you accomplish your goals and answer any questions you may have. Her immediate response to emails and texts just blew me away because she works around the clock, not just during "office hours." Her level of service just goes above and beyond what I ever expected! I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her. She has helped make this whole experience easy and stress free for me. Dr. Phan is an exceptional Doctor himself. He also works around the clock answering any questions or concerns immediately. He's sincere and makes you and your goals his number 1 priority. I feel that he's a doctor that is more focused on quality and not quantity. His main concern is helping people achieve their goals in the best and safest way possible with maximum results. From his level of professionalism to his bedside manners to his level of knowledge, Dr. Phan is truly an exceptional doctor and person inside and out. I have no doubt that if you choose Dr. Phan as your plastic surgeon, you will be blessed and he will exceed your expectations from the day you meet until the day you part. My overall experience has truly been a blessing in every way. I can go on and on about my whole experience and about how exceptional it all is but to truly know is to go through the experience. I will be forever greatful to Dr. Phan and Sherri for everything they have done to help me achieve my goals and make my dream come true. Their effort in making this the best experience possible has been amazing and gratifying. I am more confident and happy with myself than I have ever been or felt in a long time. This has really been a life changing experience with the best possible outcome! I just want to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Dr. Phan and Sherri, and all the staff on Oahu for everything you all have done for me. There are not enough words to describe the exceptional work that you all put into what you do to make impossibilities possible. I will recommend you to all my friends and family because you and your entire team are wonderfully amazing in every way! I pray to God that you all become very successful, not just in helping people accomplish their goals for themselves, but that you achieve and accomplish your own goals as well for yourselves and for your business. YOU ARE DR. PHANTASTIC!

Amazing results! show details Amazing results!
by Jennifer Baggs on Sep 23rd, 2015

Dr Phan is an outstanding doctor. He is a caring professional and very skilled plastic surgeon. I cannot express fully the caring and understanding that he gave to my very challenging situation . Honestly, what a wonderful thing to have a doctor like him!

Jul 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very professional and pleasant. He's a good listener and address your concerns. I admire his honesty.

Jul 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have known Bao for 8 years. He has done professional work on two family members. Bao is very talented and knowledgeable in his field. Hence why I have come back to him for his professional work again.

Breast Reconstruction show details Breast Reconstruction
by Rene Sodetani on Jun 30th, 2015

Very professional & caring doctor

Jun 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is always very professional and does an excellent job. I plan on using his services again.

Jun 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan was my choice of 3 doctors to pick from and I have to say with out doubt he was the right choice.

Jun 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is one of the best physicians I've had the pleasure of being treated by. He instantly makes me comfortable from the very first appointment to the current one.

Jun 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I appreciate the doctor's thoroughness, clarity in giving information and manner in which he created an atmosphere in which I felt comfortable and at ease.

Jun 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Phan is the absolute best; a consummate perfectionist, artistic and a delightful man. Someone else described him as Phan-tastic! What more can I say?

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Fantastic Replacement & Removal of 25 yr. old Implants ! show details Fantastic Replacement & Removal of 25 yr. old Implants !
by Nancy D. on Jun 16th, 2015

It gives me great pleasure to be able to say that Dr. Bao Phan is a marvelous plastic surgeon. He is very personable and attentive. I can truly say that his work is impeccable! I had a surgery where 25 year old silicone breast implants were very skillfully removed and new implants were put in. Everything came out absolutely perfect. I recommend Dr. Phan very highly and rate him 5 stars!

Jun 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very informative went in for one thing got sold in to MORE ALL GOOD I LOVE THE RESULTS

Jun 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan was very informative answered all my concerns and I'am very happy with the results I give him 5stars

Jun 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very caring, and professional.

May 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is very genuine, friendly and clear in describing your proceedure. He treated me as a valued person and showed individual attention rather than like I didn't matter. He cared about my needs and was very knowledgeable in explaining my options.

May 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Doctor was very knowledgable and he explained the procedure in laymans terms which made it easier to follow and ask questions. I was very impressed after my consultation. He truly is an expert in his field.

May 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Bao Phan was able to answer all of my questions and very thorough in doing so. I was very happy that he went over each and every option available in detail including both the advantages and disadvantages. Overall, I had great consultation.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Excellent surgeon! show details Excellent surgeon!
by Shannon Brown-Martinez on Apr 28th, 2015

One of the best experiences of my life!

Apr 17th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Assessing my face thoroughly, Dr Phan outlined an efficient plan that offered maximum results with minimally invasive techniques. I experienced very little discomfort or bruising as a result. With an artist's eye, he balanced my features smoothly.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
beautiful work show details beautiful work
by PA on Apr 13th, 2015

Dr. Phan is amazing, i had a blepharoplasty done and couldn't be happier.

Apr 9th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Right away I felt a nice comfortable presence with Dr. phen. He really scanned my information sheet and really seem to want to know what I was my true concerns were. I like the way he answered my questions with the pros and cons and the Y's and Y's nots.

Apr 1st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan was polite, concise and instantly made me feel comfortable. I'm looking forward to my procedure and am very impressed with his website including the BEFORE & AFTER photos!

Mar 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My consultation went very well. I was well informed. Dr. Phan is a very nice man. He emailed me after the appt. to see how I felt and and offered more time to talk if I needed.

Mar 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Loved his upbeat informative and conservative approach. Very helpful and to the point.

Mar 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan provides excellent care and medical service. He answers any and all questions, and I have never felt rushed. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Feb 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was pretty anxious and felt somewhat embarrassed but the doctor immediately made me comfortable. Dr. Bao was confident and conveyed his vast knowledge and experience which made it easier to ask questions.

Feb 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Addressed my questions and concerns. Worked with my tight budget and chose what procedures that was most beneficial to my overall look l was achieving.

Feb 18th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Phan is excellent! Very professional yet warmly caring. I highly recommend him and his staff to anyone looking for an improvement. He made my procedure so much easier and comfortable than I expected. Extremely happy with natural younger appearance.

Feb 17th, 2015

Dr. Phan is more than wonderful! Very professional and caring. The whole procedure was far easier and results far better than expected. I am very glad Dr. Phan and Dr London (anesthesiologist) were my choices! The nurses and entire staff were the best. I felt very cared for and safe with them. Now, youth seems to be returning daily! I enjoy looking in the mirror.

Feb 11th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very informative. Answered all my questions. Went in depth with the subject. I feel comfortable using him as my surgeon.

Feb 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Professional and gave me realistic expectations. This Dr knows his stuff!

Jan 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Phan was very knowledgeable and gave me realistic expectations for what I wanted for my procedure. He explained the process, recovery time, risks and benefits involved.

Jan 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I felt I was in very capable hands with Dr. Phan. He explained each step and made me feel very comfortable about my procedure. Holly at the front desk is very friendly & knowledgable and made scheduling a breeze! Thank you! I will be back!

Jan 21st, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is very clear, straightforward and doesn't beat around the bush ! He will give you his best opinion based on his knowledge and expertise ! I like that ! It leaves no room for guessing and all questions are answered !

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Just had my third visit with Dr. Bao Phan and I couldn't be more pleased. His bedside manner is always very professional, gentle, confident, and kind. I feel that Kauai is very lucky to have such a qualified, competent doctor. I highly recommend him.

Jan 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Need to be more relaxed when speaking to patients. It appeared you were wound up too tight and antsy. You should also not be texting or checking your phone in the presence of patients.

Jan 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

You listened to my concerns, provided me with options and guided me toward an educated decision. I am grateful for your experience and your kindness.

Dec 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is very personable and professional. I feel secure and confident in his ability to address my concerns at each appointment. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff is also very personable.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Excellent Dr. for Medical Related Plastic Surgery show details Excellent Dr. for Medical Related Plastic Surgery
by Kyle on Dec 17th, 2014

After being diagnosed with a large Melanoma (skin cancer) on my scalp, I was told that I would need a Plastic Surgeon for the procedure of removing it. As the one of the only HMSA providers for Plastic Surgery on Maui, Hawaii, I was unsure what level of care I would receive from Dr. Phan - But all my concerns were put to rest the moment I stepped into his office. The office is immaculately clean; the Staff is professional & kind; & Dr. Phan is an excellent doctor. He took extra time to make sure my sensitive procedure would be handled with the utmost care & carefully went over all of my options - including answering all my questions about risk, scarring & healing. The procedure itself went smoothly & the scarring is minimal because of Dr. Phan's handiwork. I would highly recommend Dr. Phan for medical procedures.

Dec 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is very aware and takes his time with you and makes you feel comfortable and welcome.I highly recommend him.I went with my gfriend for surgery and I personally got botox and it was the least painful treatment I have ever had and I love the result

Dec 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is truly brilliant at what he does. As much as he is a Board Certified Dr. he is a gifted artist. Thank you Dr. Phan for turning the time clock back on my appearance!!!!

by RoseS on Dec 13th, 2014

Excellent and very professional! Recently had facelift and neck tightening (1 week ago). I am more than pleased! Relatively pain free and look better everyday! Dr Phan is not only an artist but also extremely caring and patient. The entire procedure and all the staff -- anesthesiologist, nurses, office help, etc. -- top notch! One of the best decisions I ever made!

Dec 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My facelift procedure was much easier than expected. Very pleased with the results. Entire staff was awesome. Went above and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Phan!

Dec 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor and very informative.

Nov 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan always takes time to communicate clearly with me, and I never get the feeling that I am being rushed so that he can get to the next patient. I can tell that his entire focus is on me, and I greatly appreciate that.

Nov 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Although DrPhan was thorough and informative, I found his bedside manner to be insensitive and borderline rude. Left his office feeling worse than the concern when I came. Taking my case to Los Angeles.

Nov 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan and staff were so knowledgeable and efficient. I'm so impressed with Dr. Phan's skills as a surgeon and all other aspects from the very first consult through all of the follow up appointments. He was very honest and I would highly recommend him.

Nov 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

With all of the choices out there for reconstructive surgery, I don't think you'll find anyone, any better, anywhere than Dr. Phan. His personal care and comfort of you is his highest mission. I couldn't be happier and can't wait to get back. BIG MAHALO!

Nov 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan was excellent. He was professional, patient and kind. He took time with us and addressed all of our questions and concerns. He went above and beyond, coming to Kauai on an off day because of an issue I had. Time will show his sewing skills. :)

Nov 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Overall exceptional experience with Dr Phan and staff. Have referred him to many including two doctors who were happy to learn about him after they see the repair work he did on my forehead. Thank you again!

Nov 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have known Dr. Phan for 7 years and observed his work. He is an excellent surgeon.

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt at ease at my appointment and all my questions were answered. The staff was very nice and helpful :)

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Most Ethical Doctor There Is! show details Most Ethical Doctor There Is!
by H.D. on Sep 30th, 2014

I went through with a Mini Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation with Silicone Implants, and am ecstatic about my results! I knew that I would be choosing Dr. Phan as my Plastic Surgeon the moment we talked about the procedures. He is extremely knowledgeable and ethical, and shares everything with you so that you are comfortable and informed moving forward with surgery. The office and OR is very clean and fully Accredited, that away you know safety and sterilization is very important to the staff. They don't cut corners! Thank You Dr. Phan and Staff, you have definitely fulfilled my goals and expectations!

IPL Patient show details IPL Patient
by Kate on Sep 30th, 2014

I got Melasia when I was pregnant with my first daughter and Dr. Phan did a serious of IPLs on my face. Not only did the Melasia go away, but I looked years younger. I am obsessed!! My skin looked smoother, and fine lines disappeared. His staff was very helpful and polite. Dr. Phan took his time with me, and explained the process in detail and I am very pleased with my results. Thank you Dr. Phan

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Bao Phan did an amazing job with my breast reduction surgery. His entire team is top notch, and I have NO problem recommending him to anyone who needs plastic surgery!

Sep 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was kind of disappointed that I wasn't able to do the procedure that I wanted to do. I was told by the Dr. that I was obese and that the certain surgery I wanted would not be suitable for me. Totally bummed... After everything I've been through...

Sep 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Received e-mail follow up promptly and am getting the necessary recommended test and doctor information to be sent to Dr. Phan. Thank you for your attention and help in diagnosing my concerns.

Sep 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Bao Phan was referred to me by happy satisfied patients who has had breast augmentation done by him.He answered all of my questions, explained very clearly, and made me feel comfortable. The receptionist she was very poliet and informal.

Aug 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My first experience with a plastic surgeon so I did not know what to expect. Dr Phan and his staff Holly were great. I'm very glad that Dr Endo referred him to me.

Aug 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan, took time with me and was every informative. Dr. Phan emailed my surgery proposal the very same day as my appointment.

Aug 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very informative and helped me understand a lot of questions I had. Used terms I understood and made me feel comfortable. Very friendly receptionist that helped ease my nerves and made me feel like a guest rather than a patient. Highly recommended :)

Jul 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Am pleased with Dr. Phan. He explained this process and others that I might be interested in. Would go back to him again

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan is courteous , concerned about your individual needs, professional and very knowledgeable. The office staff is friendly and appointments are a breeze.

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Phan is very professional,curteous and wise in the field of Beautification. BEAUIFUL results too!

Jun 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great news!!! No longer do you need to fly to the mainland in order to get the desired look you want. I researched and interviewed top rated surgeons on the West Coast but ultimately chose Dr Phan to work his magic. I am ecstatic at my transformation!

Jun 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He addressed my concern in a professional way.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Prompt service. Clean and nicely decorated office. Friendly receptionist. Awesome surgeon!

Apr 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This is one of the few physicians that is both competent and easy to talk to. He explains procedures clearly without using a lot of medical jargon. I have been coming to see him for years. His office staff is also very considerate.

Apr 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I chose dr. Phan because it was obvious he takes his carear very serious which made me feel he would do his best in every situation. He seemed confident and knowledgeable. He listened to me and helped guide me to have the exact results i wanted.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very professional and curteous.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Bao Phan is a surgeon extraordinaire....warm, compassionate, and an expert; artistic, professional. All members of his staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and efficient. What a wonderful experience!

Apr 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Phan went the extra mile to ensure that I was happy with the results of my surgery. He spent more time with me than what was required of him. I was able to reach out to him personally any time I needed too. He was always there for me.

Apr 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you so very much. Aloha

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
horrible attitude show details horrible attitude
by marn s. on Mar 11th, 2014