Dr. Bao Phan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 2nd, 2017
AMAZING
I've always been interested in getting a breast augmentation, but never had the courage to do so. Until a few years ago, I started researching doctors. Many of my friends have gotten breast implants, but they went through very commercialized doctors. To be honest, I wasn't fond of the way some of theirs looked either. I knew I had to find the perfect one. Through realself, I researched doctors and came across Dr. Phan. He had many good reviews, and that's when I started to research his website and everything else online. I noticed compared to other doctors, he consistently updated his website and posted recent photos, which I greatly appreciated. I knew he cared about sharing his photos to potential patients, and he basically had nothing to hide. I loved all the photos, and although he wasn't really "known" in Honolulu, I knew I had to go to him first for a consultation, if I ever were to get one. I got a free consultation, and after that initial contact with him, I knew he was the doctor for me! I'm very critical, and I can tell when people (even doctors) are just trying to make a sale, versus actually are concerned about a patients well being. Dr. Phan answered ALL of my questions, and he was so knowledgable in this topic. Prior to this consultation, I already did all my research and also researched Dr. Phan himself. Not only did he answer my questions, but he deepened my knowledge in what I already discovered on my own. He educated me with the different implants, let me feel them, and overall I Just felt so comfortable.. I never thought this would be possible since I basically had to show my biggest insecurity to a stranger. He made me feel safe, and he never forced me to make a decision there. He actually encouraged me to see other doctors, and from that moment on I knew he was the doctor for me. His staff also gave me a tour of his OR, and I must say, everything was brand new and it looked great! The day of the procedure, I wasn't nervous.. But more nervous about the after care. But let me say... The type of anesthesia he used on me was amazing. When I woke up, I had no hang over feeling, and he also didn't shove anything down my throat (since I know many other doctors do that.. because it's cheaper). The medicine he prescribed me didn't make me nauseous either, and I know MANY of my friends suffered severely from the procedure because they couldn't take the medicine their doctors prescribed, only because they would end up throwing up. I had barely ANY bruising, actually I would say I had none. I healed within 5 days, and got off the medication he prescribed and switched to ibuprofen after 3 days. The recovery was quick, and although I believe I do have a high pain tolerance and recover quick, I think majority of it had to do with how Dr. Phan operated on me. He is very precise and particular, and doesn't do things just to make money like other doctors. You can genuinely see that he cares. Also, he has many follow ups after you get your procedure done. Not just one like other doctors, but after one week, after one month, after three months, and so on. It goes to show he really cares of his patients safety and the individuals themselves. It's been a little more than two weeks, and all I can say is.. You get what you pay for, and I am SUPER happy I chose Dr. Phan. I look in the mirror and can't believe what I see sometimes. I've seen very bad breast augmentations.. But this, is a whole different story. I no longer have any insecurities of wearing a v neck tshirt or even just wearing a tanktop. I'm so happy with everything that led up to the procedure, and also the results. If I had to do it again, I definitely would and I would choose Dr. Phan over and over again. I highly recommend him to ANYONE. Trust me. Even if you are not easily persuaded like I am, visit him for a consultation. You definitely won't regret it. The doctor and his staff are AMAZING.

June 13th, 2017
Amazing Experience
I would like to thank Dr. Phan and his staff for an incredible experience from the initial consultation to my last follow up appointment. After consulting with three plastic surgeons, I decided on Dr. Phan. Here are the reasons why I chose Dr. Phan: highly recommended by a friend, warm and caring staff, immaculate office and private surgical room and finally Dr. Phan’s knowledge and attention to detail. Dr. Phan took his time to explain in detail how the procedure I was deciding on would be done. He was very attentive and listened to my questions and concerns. He clearly answered all of my questions until I no longer had concerns. I felt that Dr. Phan was personally committed to resolve my problem area and make me look the best I possible could. I would highly recommend Dr. Phan to anyone who would like to look and feel refreshed like me. Thank you Dr. Phan and staff!

June 9th, 2017
Best doctor from start to finish.
Dr.Bao Phan is the best doctor because he did my breast augmentation with the gummy bear implants and I love them.He made them look natural just the way I wanted it.He is very nice and caring including his whole staff.They are all awesome.

March 27th, 2017
FACIAL LUMP
I am not surprised at all that Dr. Pham found a way to remove a nice size lump on my chin. Even the dermatologist stated that the only way it could be removed was surgically removing it leaving a 1/4" scar. Dr. Phan removed it in 2 visits by using painless shots,. He performs so many miracles. I've been told that I'm the only person that looks younger and younger as time goes by. Looking forward to my chemical peel for my fine lines, I was told it also works well for people that have acne pimple scars. Everything he does looks very natural and every procedure has been absolutely painless.

March 19th, 2017
Awesome experience
Dr. Phan knows his stuff. I always felt comfortable in his office and love his staff. He was so helpful with my choice of type and size. He did everything to minimize potential risks and I am thrilled with my natural looking outcome

March 12th, 2017
Great results and experience with Dr.Phan
I got a breast augmentation with the gummy bear implants done by Dr. Phan, and I am so happy with them. I wanted a natural look that complemented my body type, and I got exactly that. I was comfortable that entire time and overall had a great experience. They look so great that a handful of my friends have seen him to get the same procedure and also have been thrilled with his work. I highly recommend him and only him if you want to guarantee fantastic results and good experience.

March 12th, 2017
Great results and experience with Dr. Phan

February 16th, 2017
Awesome plastic surgeon!
Three of my friends highly recommended dr phan so I made an appointment to get a consultation, Dr phan was really nice and professional. I knew he was the one. He did my breast revision in his beautiful operating room ( a corner unit with huge windows and a view of the city and ocean). His nurses were wonderful and really sweet. I had a ruptured implant and Dr phan fixed me right up. He did an awesome job and I was very pleased with the results! I highly recommend dr phan.

January 23rd, 2017
Awesome staff and experience!!!
Its been a little over 2 months since my BA surgery, and I absolutely love my results! I highly recommended Dr. Phan and his staff, they are out most professional, caring, knowledgeable and the best people you'll ever encounter. They were always quick to answer any of my concerns from the beginning til now! Any questions or concerns they would call me back in minutes. I couldn't have felt more comfortable, and safe knowing that I had a great team taking care of me. Thank you sooo much Dr. Phan, Sherry and the entire Oahu team!!!

December 10th, 2016
Exceptional Experience
Dr. Phan's Kauai office is a welcoming, tranquil and comfortable environment which is centrally located and convenient. My surgery day was filled with excitement! Dr. Phan's office location at the surgery center on Oahu was impressive. It was immaculate with floor to ceiling windows. The anesthesiologist was thorough and comforting. I felt confident and reassured that I was in good hands for my surgery. My experience was truly exceptional and I am very pleased with my results 1 year post-op =]

December 1st, 2016
Wonderful
From my first consult to my latest post visit, Dr. Phan and his staff have been nothing but wonderful. I went to my initial consultation with a long list of questions. I was deciding beetween the "gummy bear" implants and breast lipoaugmentation. I had done my fair share of research on both procedures and was still not sure. Dr. Phan took the time to answer all of my questions and address any concerns that I had. At my consult, he informed me that I would be a great candidate for the lipoaugmentation. I had some extra fat in my thighs, muffin tops, and stomach that I was more than happy to get rid of. The day of my procedure, I was a little nervous. Dr. Phan and his staff were very professional and made me feel very comfortable. The procedure went beautifully. I did have some minor pain and discomfort after, but not to a point where I needed pain killers. I was up and walking around that evening. I even went out to dinner with my family. I would say it took me about 3 days to be up and back into my old routine. I am very happy with my results and am actually looking into a second fat transfer next year. I went up about 1 and a half cup sizes. The scars from the liposuction have healed beautifully and are barely noticeable. They feel and look completely natural. No one even noticed, which is exactly what I was going for. I did not want it to look like I had any work done. I would definitely recommend Dr. Phan to anyone considering breast lipoaugmentation. He and all of his staff are very informative and caring.

November 18th, 2016
Dr.Phan is truly the best in Hawaii 3 of my friends and me being the most recent all got face rejuvenation. We all came out looking so natural and refreshed I healed in a little over 2 weeks and couldn't believe how fast I healed. Thank you Dr Phan you ROCK and Hawaii is lucky to have you!