Dr. Bao Phan, MD
Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Exceptional experience show details Exceptional experience
by Tiana on Feb 1st, 2016

From the moment I met Dr. Phan on Kauai I immediately felt comfortable speaking with him as he was very thorough and patient with answers for my consult questions. I felt confident and trusted his work in choosing him as my breast augmentation surgeon. Dr. Phan's staffing from his receptionists, nurses and anesthesiologist all represented exceptional customer service. Sherri and Danielle were pleasant to work with in regards to scheduling and follow-ups with my pre-op, surgery, and post-op appointments. Dr. Phan's Kauai office is a welcoming, tranquil and comfortable environment which is centrally located and convenient. My surgery day was filled with excitement! Dr. Phan's office location at the surgery center on Oahu was impressive. It was immaculate with floor to ceiling windows. The anesthesiologist was thorough and comforting. I felt confident and reassured that I was in good hands for my surgery. Dr. Phan followed up with me the evening of my surgery to make sure I was okay. My post-ops since then have been pleasant. I continue to look forward to my progressive healing towards my final results. Words cannot express how ecstatic I am with my breast augmentation results thus far (9 weeks post-op).

Tummy Tuck Success show details Tummy Tuck Success
by Lisa G. on Oct 26th, 2015

I generally can't stand doctors, as they tend to be arrogant jerks. Dr Phan is the exception. After conducting extensive research, both online and in person, I decided on Dr Phan & flew over to Honolulu for a tummy tuck. I have an athletic build but 3 pregnancies, multiple abdominal surgeries, and 52 years of hardship have taken their toll. Dr Phan has a private operating room, which is next to his office in a futuristic new medical building with a spectacular view. I found that not only does he have superior surgical knowledge & skills, but he also possesses a genuinely caring disposition. I'm a difficult patient yet he took the time to answer and explain the 'hows' and 'whys' of my many pesky questions. Now I'm just 2 months post-op, but can already see the muscular definition of the tummy tuck. I highly recommend Dr Phan & suggest you request 'Mar' for anesthesia nurse.

by gennnnn on Oct 14th, 2015

Dr. Phan is the best! I instantly knew he was someone i could trust with my breast augmentation. He is not only skilled and educated in what he does but he is also very comforting, and caring for his patients. After my consultation he took the time to answer all my questions that would pop up in my head randomly, when i would email him he would respond quickly. When it came time to figuring out a perfect surgery date he and his staff were so friendly and helpful. Surgery day went smoothly and perfect thanks to Dr. Phan and his awesome staff! My husband and I were very impressed with everything and we highly recommend Dr.Phan!

Making impossibilities possible...Truly Exceptional show details Making impossibilities possible...Truly Exceptional
by GummyBearLollipop on Sep 30th, 2015

I am 32 years old, have 4 kids and breastfed them all. Due to breastfeeding and pregnancy the outcome was asymetrical breasts. I decided to get breast augmentation to fix the asymmetry. After doing extensive research about breast augmentation and the different implants offered, I made the decision to get the implants nicknamed "gummy bears." The reasons I choose that particular implant is because of the great statistics it brings to the table compared to saline and silicone. It's also the most natural looking. The next step was finding a doctor that could best fulfill my needs and goals and that would give me the best results. I searched top doctors in Hawaii and read through about 4 or 5 different doctors, viewing their websites, galleries, and reading all about them and their philosophy's. Personally I felt that Dr. Bao Phan would be my best choice. I loved viewing his gallery, reading about him and I also liked the fact that he has his own private practice, offices on 3 different islands, and his own state of the art clinic. My initial consultation appointment lasted little over an hour. He answered all of my questions confidently and without hesitation. He was very knowledgable about the different types of implants and about each procedure, as well as, the risks and complications. He explained everything very thoroughly because by the end of the consultation, I barely had any questions. He's very thorough when explaining things and always has your intentions and goals in mind when he recommends what procedure, or procedures, would work best in helping you achieve your goals and that would give you the best outcome in the end. I found out that in order to achieve my goal of symmetrical breasts, I would need a breast lift one side due to one of my breast being saggier and larger than the other. It has been almost a week since my procedure and I must say that Dr. Phan and his staff have been an exceptional team and the best support I have received from any doctor and staff team I have ever experienced. His receptionist on Kauai, Sherri, is an exceptional employee that has exceeded my expectations overall. She's willing to go that extra mile for you and is sincere in doing so. She's very helpful and understanding and is always looking for solutions and answers to help you accomplish your goals and answer any questions you may have. Her immediate response to emails and texts just blew me away because she works around the clock, not just during "office hours." Her level of service just goes above and beyond what I ever expected! I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to work with her. She has helped make this whole experience easy and stress free for me. Dr. Phan is an exceptional Doctor himself. He also works around the clock answering any questions or concerns immediately. He's sincere and makes you and your goals his number 1 priority. I feel that he's a doctor that is more focused on quality and not quantity. His main concern is helping people achieve their goals in the best and safest way possible with maximum results. From his level of professionalism to his bedside manners to his level of knowledge, Dr. Phan is truly an exceptional doctor and person inside and out. I have no doubt that if you choose Dr. Phan as your plastic surgeon, you will be blessed and he will exceed your expectations from the day you meet until the day you part. My overall experience has truly been a blessing in every way. I can go on and on about my whole experience and about how exceptional it all is but to truly know is to go through the experience. I will be forever greatful to Dr. Phan and Sherri for everything they have done to help me achieve my goals and make my dream come true. Their effort in making this the best experience possible has been amazing and gratifying. I am more confident and happy with myself than I have ever been or felt in a long time. This has really been a life changing experience with the best possible outcome! I just want to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Dr. Phan and Sherri, and all the staff on Oahu for everything you all have done for me. There are not enough words to describe the exceptional work that you all put into what you do to make impossibilities possible. I will recommend you to all my friends and family because you and your entire team are wonderfully amazing in every way! I pray to God that you all become very successful, not just in helping people accomplish their goals for themselves, but that you achieve and accomplish your own goals as well for yourselves and for your business. YOU ARE DR. PHANTASTIC!

Amazing results! show details Amazing results!
by Jennifer Baggs on Sep 23rd, 2015

Dr Phan is an outstanding doctor. He is a caring professional and very skilled plastic surgeon. I cannot express fully the caring and understanding that he gave to my very challenging situation . Honestly, what a wonderful thing to have a doctor like him!

Breast Reconstruction show details Breast Reconstruction
by Rene Sodetani on Jun 30th, 2015

Very professional & caring doctor

Fantastic Replacement & Removal of 25 yr. old Implants ! show details Fantastic Replacement & Removal of 25 yr. old Implants !
by Nancy D. on Jun 16th, 2015

It gives me great pleasure to be able to say that Dr. Bao Phan is a marvelous plastic surgeon. He is very personable and attentive. I can truly say that his work is impeccable! I had a surgery where 25 year old silicone breast implants were very skillfully removed and new implants were put in. Everything came out absolutely perfect. I recommend Dr. Phan very highly and rate him 5 stars!

Excellent surgeon! show details Excellent surgeon!
by Shannon Brown-Martinez on Apr 28th, 2015

One of the best experiences of my life!

beautiful work show details beautiful work
by PA on Apr 13th, 2015

Dr. Phan is amazing, i had a blepharoplasty done and couldn't be happier.

Feb 17th, 2015

Dr. Phan is more than wonderful! Very professional and caring. The whole procedure was far easier and results far better than expected. I am very glad Dr. Phan and Dr London (anesthesiologist) were my choices! The nurses and entire staff were the best. I felt very cared for and safe with them. Now, youth seems to be returning daily! I enjoy looking in the mirror.

Excellent Dr. for Medical Related Plastic Surgery show details Excellent Dr. for Medical Related Plastic Surgery
by Kyle on Dec 17th, 2014

After being diagnosed with a large Melanoma (skin cancer) on my scalp, I was told that I would need a Plastic Surgeon for the procedure of removing it. As the one of the only HMSA providers for Plastic Surgery on Maui, Hawaii, I was unsure what level of care I would receive from Dr. Phan - But all my concerns were put to rest the moment I stepped into his office. The office is immaculately clean; the Staff is professional & kind; & Dr. Phan is an excellent doctor. He took extra time to make sure my sensitive procedure would be handled with the utmost care & carefully went over all of my options - including answering all my questions about risk, scarring & healing. The procedure itself went smoothly & the scarring is minimal because of Dr. Phan's handiwork. I would highly recommend Dr. Phan for medical procedures.

by RoseS on Dec 13th, 2014

Excellent and very professional! Recently had facelift and neck tightening (1 week ago). I am more than pleased! Relatively pain free and look better everyday! Dr Phan is not only an artist but also extremely caring and patient. The entire procedure and all the staff -- anesthesiologist, nurses, office help, etc. -- top notch! One of the best decisions I ever made!

Most Ethical Doctor There Is! show details Most Ethical Doctor There Is!
by H.D. on Sep 30th, 2014

I went through with a Mini Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation with Silicone Implants, and am ecstatic about my results! I knew that I would be choosing Dr. Phan as my Plastic Surgeon the moment we talked about the procedures. He is extremely knowledgeable and ethical, and shares everything with you so that you are comfortable and informed moving forward with surgery. The office and OR is very clean and fully Accredited, that away you know safety and sterilization is very important to the staff. They don't cut corners! Thank You Dr. Phan and Staff, you have definitely fulfilled my goals and expectations!

IPL Patient show details IPL Patient
by Kate on Sep 30th, 2014

I got Melasia when I was pregnant with my first daughter and Dr. Phan did a serious of IPLs on my face. Not only did the Melasia go away, but I looked years younger. I am obsessed!! My skin looked smoother, and fine lines disappeared. His staff was very helpful and polite. Dr. Phan took his time with me, and explained the process in detail and I am very pleased with my results. Thank you Dr. Phan

horrible attitude show details horrible attitude
by marn s. on Mar 11th, 2014