Dr. Barbara Arnold MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 2nd, 2015
I would recommend Dr. Arnold
I was visiting my parents and saw that my dad really need to see an ophthalmologist for his cataracts. The staff was very understanding of his special circumstances and cordial. Dr. Arnold did a thorough exam and explained his prognosis in a clear and concise manner. She even let me look through her special instruments. She clearly likes to teach and I thought it was refreshing that she took the time to explain my dad's special circumstances. She seems genuinely concerned when she said should could not treat one eye but gave hope that the other could be corrected. I'm not sure if we will be able to have her perform the surgery as I have decided to move him to Austin but if it were possible, I would definitely have her perform the surgery

November 27th, 2013
Terrible Patient Service
I have seen Dr. Arnold for about 3 years now, about 6 appointments. I do not think she has been on time once! I was kept waiting about 3 hours before I saw her. I think she is very competent and caring, but has complete disregard for my time. Very frustrating! Nor does she seem to care about fixing the problem of being on time. Very sad for she seems to be a very caring and competent Doctor, but her staff and the logistics of running her office seem to be beyond her.

August 26th, 2013
Waiting time is ridiculous!
I was a new patient. I would never ever recommend this doctor to anybody!! I'm currently waiting for the doctor. My appointment was scheduled for 9am and its now 11:30 pm and I'm still waiting to see the doctor. I waited for an hr and a half in the waiting room, then waited for another hr in the exam room for the doctor. She is still not here & there's still another patient I'm front of me. I have never ever waited this long for a doctor. Im not the only person whos been waitinb for this long. The 5 other Patients in front of me also waited for 2 1/2 hrs just to see the doctor! Someone doesn't know how to schedule. This is ridiculous to make any patient wait this long. I will never come back here

August 10th, 2013
Unprofessional.
I visited this doctor contrary to a few warnings I had been given by other people who knew her. The office staff was friendly, as was her assistant. The doctor's bedside manner was extremely lacking, as was the manner in which I was brushed off to go see another doctor. My questions either went unanswered, or were answered in an abrupt, patronizing fashion. I should've listened to the warnings I was given and made an appointment with someone else.

July 26th, 2013
Recommend
Dr. Arnold's staff was excellent in getting me in when I had an emergency situation, even though I was not a patient. The Dr. did a very thorough exam and took the time to explain what was going on. She also made sure I knew I could call her or her service day or night if the situation worsened.

June 28th, 2013
A different experience from the previous review
Barbara has been my opthamologist for almost 15 years now and she's never canceled on me and my appointments have always been on time. She's very thorough, her knowledge, skills and experience are superb and I wouldn't leave her care for anything. I'm not a diabetic but if you are you should consider her for your eye care as that is her specialty. I don't know why the other reviewer had a bad experience but the doctor is a surgeon and it's quite possible that her reason for canceling that patient's appt. was due to a surgery or emergency care situation. There is more to that story than that short review reveals and it's not a good idea to explain oneself in this format, especially with today's HIPPA laws.