A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Backer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barbara Backer is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Backer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Backer graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Backer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Del E Webb Memorial Hospital
- Banner Boswell Medical Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Backer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 1 plan
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 5 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barbara A. Backer practice?
Dr. Barbara Backer practices Internal Medicine, General Practice, and Pediatrics near Sun City West, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Phoenix, AZ.
See Sun City West Internists, Sun City West General Practitioners, and Sun City West Pediatricians.