A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Barker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barbara Barker is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Barker, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
She has special expertise in 3 Areas, including Anterior Segment Surgery, Corneal Diseases, and Glaucoma.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Barker graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Barker has 14 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- NYU Hospitals Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 7 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
More Accepted Insurance