Overall Review

August 17th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Birdwell's for over 30 years. She is the kind of doctor who will always be there for you. Excellent does not describe her devotion to her patients and the medical field.

May 6th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr Birdwell since she started her practice in Ft Worth. I am very satisfied but if I have a problem, I don't have a problem telling her my feelings. She has always referred me to specialists when the need arises. I hope I never have to go to another primary doctor.

October 15th, 2015
unethical staff

July 29th, 2015
Wait Times
Dr. Birdwell is a good doctor, but the wait time is horrible. It generally takes me 2 1/2-3 hours to get in and out. She only spends about minutes in the room and then she is on to the next patient. I'm considering switching doctors because I need a shorter wait time. I work full-time so taking 3 hours out of my day for a doctor's appointment unacceptable.

May 14th, 2015
I feel completely comfortable being under the care of Dr. Birdwell. She is a wonderful physician. I would recommend her to any family or friend who asked for a referral to a physician.

April 20th, 2015
My family and myself were long time loyal patients for several years, then I stopped going to Dr Birdwell around 4 years ago due to her staff, her manner and her prescribing anti depressants when I was grieving. I have since tried twice to set up a quick appointment for allergy medications and both time remembered why I stopped going to her in the first place.

March 1st, 2014
The wait is bad. I prefer going to a Care Now if I can afford it. She no longer has nurse practitioners, though the wait to see them was shorter. (It is ridiculous to wait a long time just for a medication refill, and nurse practitioners helped to prevent that.) Birdwell also did not diagnose me properly for YEARS! I believe she needed to send me to a specialist, but she never did. However, she has some very sweet nurses and tends to have good bedside manner.

August 31st, 2012
After obtaining a diagnosis, she did not elaborate on dietary changes (which were necessary to controlling the disease), she did not discuss what the diagnosis meant (what exactly was happening in my body) not did she discuss any treatment options. I was pretty much left on my own. Nevertheless, she does order adequate tests for "the usual suspects" like cholesterol, blood sugar, CBC, etc. Easy to get an appointment, taken to exam room on time, but from there on it is a long wait till she shows up.

June 2nd, 2011
Great care
Very thorough in diagnosing my problem and following through. Dr Birdwell always puts me at ease and would not go anywhere else.