Dr. Barbara Bix Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Bix?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Bix?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 30th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Bix for 10 years. She has always been a sweet, caring, compassionate physician. Either she or a staff member call me promtly after I have testing done to discuss the results.

August 17th, 2012

Did not care properly for my diabetes-

Dr. Bix, who never seemed overly friendly but as someone who had never been sick that often, I just dealt with it because I liked that she diagnosed me over the phone for sinus infections. Six years ago, she diagnosed me as having a UTI when I was diabetic. Due to her negligence, I ended up in the hospital for 8 days with diabetic ketoacidosis. When I went back to her and told her this- she denied that I had it- I guess she was worried I would sue- which I didn't because fortunately for me, I did not end up in any type of kidney failure nor did I die. But she is not an endocrinologist. I found a much better, nicer doctor who cared for me and got rid of the diabetes- but while it is convenient to be diagnosed over the phone with certain things that are chronic- like sinus infections- when I had another issue, she didn't bring me into her office. Once she found out I was diabetic, she gave me pills and told me to come back in a month. I took the pills and the accu check that they ordered for me made no sense and I couldn't figure out how to use it. I asked her if I should go to diabetes classes and she said that would just overwhelm me. She 1- should have had me back in a week- 2- when I told the staff that I didn't understand how to use the accu check and they told me that the woman who knows how to use that is out for the week- well my sugars went up to over 1000, if she would have shown me how to use it- I would probably not have gotten as sick as I did. Beware of this one folks.

May 14th, 2010

Excellent physician

Excellent physician with great clinical skills

April 27th, 2015