Dr. Barbara Bohon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Bohon?

September 28th, 2015

Top notch Doctor who really is a prize for insight, broadness of experience, and performs well above her specialized area every time I have ever dealt with her.

October 8th, 2013

Not Recommended

I had a baby delivered by Dr. Bohon. My baby was only 7 lbs and I had a fourth degree tear. There was little to no coaching on how or when to push. She then stitched me up way to tight. Now I have pelvic floor tension all the time, painful intercourse, and issues going the bathroom. Dr. Bohon did not help with post delivery care. Not only did she not communicate the issues but the nurse practitioner said my painful sex issues must be related to a sexually transmitted disease. I have never had a sexually transmitted disease. They offered the worst care I have ever experienced from a practice. She butchered me.

May 9th, 2013

THE BEST OBGYN

Dr. Bohon is fantastic! She operated on me laproscopically to remove an ovarin cyst and did a really good job- what could have been a terrible experience (given what I heard from others who had the procedure) was sctually very smooth and I recovered very quickly with very tiny scars to show for it! She's a great doctor who does a great job oflistening to and communicating with her patient, and I encourage anyone looking for a great OBGYN to give her a try. I've never found an OBGYN I was happy with before now, but I trust her guidance and looking forward to continuing to see her in the future for all of my OBGYN needs!

April 8th, 2013

Great Offic

First the office staff greeted me with a smile and friendliness, made me feel at ease from the moment I entered. The nurse was friendly and seemed caring. Dr. Bohon treated me with respect. Did not talk down to me even though i am not in the medical field. She answered my concerns. She diagnosed my problem, which others had not. i did have to have surgery. Excellent care. Could not have been happier with the outcome. Major surgery is not fun but i felt i was in good hands at all times. I would HIGHLY recommend this office.

August 20th, 2012

Mostly good, but...

I went into pre term labor last Sunday. I ended up having to go to a different hospital other than the one that Bohon worked at because my husband was at the hospital for several days because of several ulcers he had been dealing with...I wanted to make sure he could be there for the birth just in case they weren't able to stop the contractions...ANYWAY, when I left the hospital that evening when they finally got the contractions to stop, the nurse seeing me said I needed to follow up with my Dr(Bohon) as soon as possible. Even after though my contractions had stopped, I had been (and am still) having intense pressure in my pelvis/cervical area so I called Bohon's office the day after my pre term labor. which was a Monday. They told me they couldn't get me in til the week after so Bohon told the nurse to tell me go to the hospital as soon as I got the chance because she wanted me to be monitored and kept on steroids for 24-48 hours because she was "worried" I might go into preterm labor again. So I drove 30 minutes across town just to get admitted for 4 hours and have them do nothing at all for me except send me right back out the door. The nurse at the maternity wing who was "monitoring" me said she spoke with Bohon on the phone. Bohon acted like she never told me to go to the hospital because I'm too far along to be put on steroids. THANKS A LOT FOR NOTHING.

June 29th, 2012

Racist

I went in for an exam after having an abnormal pap.She would not look me in the eye or even speak to me directly. She spoke to the nurse who was in the room. She asked me if all the children playing in the waiting room were mine.(please note she had my file in her hands and i have been going there for prenatal visits for almost a year. I had just had my baby). Even though they billed my insurance as if i saw her. I had never really met her before. I quietly told her i only had one child. The baby she just saw with me in the room. I've never felt more disrespected in my life. I feel so hurt. Ant to think i went to her practice because a friend of mine recommended her. I geuss i wasn't the right color. The nurse who was in the room was very sweet. She tried to lighted things up by joking about how one kid can seem like many.

June 28th, 2012

Avoid

Everything was great at Dr Bohon's office, the Clinic for Women, until things started to go wrong in delivery. My midwife left in the middle of my labor because, as she told me, it was her day off, and left me with a nursing student; ultimately I had to have a c-section, and my incision was infected in surgery. Dr Bohon wouldn't acknowledge it or even take it seriously, even when I finally went to another doctor who did a lab culture showing that I was infected with bacteria that had to have come from the hospital. She was really short with me when I asked questions. If she'd been more forthcoming with information, I think I would have made different decisions and had a much easier delivery. I know other people had better experiences, so maybe I was just really unlucky. But the experience I had with this group was so bad and disappointing that I'm still a bit emotional about it. If you're looking for a midwife or a doctor in the KC area, you can do better than the Clinic for Women.

February 21st, 2012

Convenience wasn't worth it

On my 3rd pregnancy I went to Dr Bohon because she was literally only a mile from my home... But I had no connection with her and felt like she just wanted to hurry me out to get to her next appt.. So I went back to original Dr 20 miles away. She seemed totally competent and professional but seriously needs to work on her bedside manner. Just because this is my 3rd doesn't mean I don't want attentive care.

July 21st, 2010

She delivered 3 of my kids and it was the best treatment I ever had. And now am about to have my 6 baby and am diffently going back to her.

May 26th, 2010

From the moment I walked into the office they office staff treated me with upmost respect and caring. Dr Bohon took the time to listen and explain my concerns so i could understand. What a great experience - I would highly recommend this office.

September 1st, 2009

awesome

I originally saw a nurse midwife who was awesome. She was able to spend more one on one time with me and we were able to really get to know one another. She was wonderful. At the end I had high blood pressure so I had to start seeing Dr. Bohon who I also loved. She was a great doctor and very matter of fact which I liked. She made me feel at ease. I tried a natural labor and after some complications ended up having a csection. The best part about the csection was that Dr. Bohon was a pro at "putting me back together" I have very minimal scarring!

February 17th, 2009

Great OB/GYN!

Dr. Bohon is a great ob/gyn. I used her with my first pregnancy in 2003. She was great about taking care of me & my baby. I had a high risk pregnancy and she really watched my health closely. She also came in on her day off to deliver my baby. She goes above and beyond for her patients. My sister who has 9 children and one on the way has used her for her last 8 pregnancies with rave reviews. Dr. Bohon is knowledgable and the best.