A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Burtness:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Burtness, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Burtness graduated from Stony Brook University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Burtness has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown CT
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burtness accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barbara Burtness practice?
Dr. Barbara Burtness practices Medical Oncology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Oncologists.