A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Burtness:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Burtness, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Heart Block
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Burtness graduated from Stony Brook University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Burtness has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Middlesex Hospital, Middletown CT
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burtness accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barbara Burtness practice?
Dr. Barbara Burtness practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Cardiology, and Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Oncologists, Philadelphia Cardiologists, and Philadelphia Plastic Surgeons.