A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Burton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barbara Burton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Burton
Autism Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about autism, and symptoms of autistic children such as communication, social and routine behavior problems.Before Visiting Dr. Burton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Burton, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- She has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Diseases in Twins
- Fetal Diseases
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Herniated Disc
- Inborn Errors Lipid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Amino Acid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Marfan Syndrome
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Neural Tube Defects
- Pregnancy Complications
- Spinal Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Burton graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Burton has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barbara Kay Burton MD is a female Medical Geneticist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Clinical Genetics and M.D..
- Where does Dr. Barbara K. Burton practice?
- Dr. Barbara Burton has 7 office locations.
Dr. Barbara Burton practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Westchester, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL and Joliet, IL.
See Westchester Geneticists.