A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Burton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barbara Burton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Burton
Pregnancy Patient Education Learn about fetal development at different stages of trimesters with our pregnancy patent education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Burton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Burton, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- She has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Diseases in Twins
- Fetal Diseases
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Herniated Disc
- Inborn Errors Lipid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Amino Acid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Marfan Syndrome
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Neural Tube Defects
- Pregnancy Complications
- Spinal Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Burton graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Burton has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Barbara Kay Burton MD is a female Medical Geneticist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Clinical Genetics and M.D..
- Where does Dr. Barbara K. Burton practice?
- Dr. Barbara Burton has 1 office location.
Dr. Barbara Burton practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Geneticists.