A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Burton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barbara Burton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Burton, MD is board certified in Clinical Genetics (M.D.).
- She has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Diseases in Twins
- Fetal Diseases
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Herniated Disc
- Inborn Errors Lipid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Amino Acid Metabolism
- Inborn Errors of Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Marfan Syndrome
- Multiple Abnormalities
- Neural Tube Defects
- Pregnancy Complications
- Spinal Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Burton graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Burton has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Evanston Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 12 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barbara K. Burton practice?
Dr. Barbara Burton practices Clinical Genetics and M.D. near Westchester, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Westchester Geneticists.