Dr. Barbara Dappert Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Dappert?

September 6th, 2012

I have been to close a dozen doctors because Dr Dappert referred me to them. Those doctors did not have a very good opinion of Dr Dappert. Every specialist we went to said, "not sure why she sent you here".

June 22nd, 2012

Do not go to this doctor, she will make everyone take a driver test!!!

The patient works in a technical job that is very demanding and requires numerous calculations and high level scientific work which he does. He does have memory problems, but they don't cause difficulty in every day life. She gave her simple memory assessment and because he couldn't answer a few questions, she made him take a driver test. If you have any memory problems, learning the PA drivers manual again and answering the 250 questions in order to take the test is arduous for a 16 year old as well as an adult. Do not go to Dr. Dappert unless you are prepared to study and take the driver test. She was instrumental in getting PennDot to require this test on advice from a doctor and by God, she's going to make use of it.

May 21st, 2012

Parkinson

Dr was the first to know something was wrong with me. She ran alll test diagnosed parkinson put me on medication and I improved . Nine years later I am doing well.

October 30th, 2011

This doctor listened to me more than any other doctor than I have ever met and approached each of my problems in great detail. She gives me confidence that doctors still care about their patients. I now have reasonable expectations about my condition and new and better treatment options.

July 31st, 2011

I went to this Dr. because I was experiencing debilitating dizziness. Did not seem to be very compassionate at all. Very cold and clinical. Did not win over my confidence at all.

May 18th, 2010

Questions answered

Took a lot of time with me. Explained everything--answered all my questions.

November 3rd, 2009

Do not go to this doctor

Please do not go to this doctor. Within the past year I started going to Dr. Dappert for dizziness and an abnormal brain MRI. Based off of very little evidence she told me she was 80% sure I had MS. I had almost none of the symptoms and she was not able to meet the medical criteria for this disease as I had no MS episodes as defined by medical standards. Nonetheless, she insisted that I should start taking injections and all treatments for MS. I literally argued with her that I did not have MS and she did not have the criteria to diagnose it, but she still wanted me to get treatment asap. Finally, I went to an world-known MS center, where they examined me and looked at my MRI and said there was almost NO chance I had MS and that I was very wise to not trust this doctor and start treatment. I know doctor's make mistakes, but to try to diagnose someone and begin very invasive treatment with almost no facts and not meeting medical criteria is horrible. This year has cost me thousands (with insurance) in tests, doctor visits and a lot of emotional stress for both myself and my family...all for nothing. I urge you to find a different neurologist so this does not happen to you.

July 13th, 2016