Dr. Barbara Dworetzky Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Dworetzky?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Dworetzky?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 28th, 2014

Excellent Dr.

I wish I had met Barbara ten years ago. She has become the architect of not only my current reduction in medication(s) and overrall well being in terms of health, mood etc; she also has a very broad network of doctors she refers patients to. I just came from one now and was going to call her to say thank you when I stumbled upon this comment section. Another interesting thing about Barbara is that she is not afraid to suggest another doctor's diagnosis may have been misguided. In professions where most practioners stick up for each other (lawyers, police etc.), she is exceedingly honest, makes her own judgents (with consultation I'm sure) and will pursue the best course of action in her professional judment which means that if your previous doctor screwed up, she won't temper her treatment to protect her peers. I feel blessed to have met her. Truly.

July 29th, 2013

Doctor patient relation

I will suffer the rest of my life from issues this so called doctor caused. I always get frustrated when thinking of what she caused. I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. She does not listen to her patients. She insist she's correct and the patients are wrong. She once looked at me and said, what can I say, I screwed up.

October 4th, 2012

Never.

I have had epilepsy for almost 10 years, and in that time I have seen many neurologists in more than 5 states across America. I would have to say that Dr. Dworetzky is BY FAR the worst Dr. that I have ever seen. She makes me feel uncomfortable every time I am in her office. She rushes through each appointment, never caring what has changed or what concerns I have about medications, types of seizures or concerns in moving forward. I decided that I would never see this doctor again when I had MULTIPLE seizures IN HER OFFICE, and not a thing was done. She brushed it off saying in a flat, monotonous tone, "are you having another one?" and jotting it down on paper. It is the dream to have a seizure in your neurologist's office. They can actually not only observe, but run tests and get to the bottom of the issue. It isn't you describing what it is like, they are seeing it!!!! She is rude, has 0 patient care abilities and has NO RIGHT to be the head of epilepsy at Brigham and Womens. I would NEVER reccomend her to anyone.

August 24th, 2012

Great Doctor

This doctor is excellent. Good bedside manner, very intelligent, caring and I totally trust her with my care.

June 20th, 2012

Todays patients,guinea pigs for tomorrows.

his so called dr. refused to listen to my findings of Topamax causing me to have DVT. She continued the med until she read up on it. She then said ,what can I say? I screwed up. She then said she still disagrees with my findings. I stopped the med on my own. She is not a dr. I would recomoend.

February 23rd, 2012

Todays patients.guinea pigs for tomorrows.

This person that doesn't deserve the title dr. placed me on numerical meds with many side effects. I suffered from a side effect resulting in surgery. When I brought my findings of the side effect she refused to agree and had me continue the med. After talking with the pharmacist about my findings the pharmacist pointed out the side effects. One of them was what resulted in me needing surgery. I then stopped the med on my own.She put down on my records that she tapered me off of it.On one occasion Dworetzki said to me, what can I say? I screwed up. When she witnessed the anger issues caused by the meds she wanted to put me on meds for Bipolar. I will never forget the pain and frustration she caused my family and myself.

August 1st, 2011

Horrible Experience

Dr. Dworetzky was extrememly combative, and yelled at me when I questioned my course of treatment. She told me that I probably didn't even have any seizures, but just wanted to stay on the medicine. She told me (in front of a student doctor), "Why don't we talk about the real issue here - the fact that you're overweight and suffer from depression." When I switched to my new Neurologist, he spent a year's time retesting me, taking me off of my meds, and then found that I was having seizure activity during EEG's, so he put me back on medication.

June 21st, 2011

She is amazing, I have had a dozen neurologists over the years, and Dr. Dworetzky is the only doctor to have cured my seizures!! On top of which, she is very caring, and supportive.

February 14th, 2011

Doesn't like to listen to patients issues and look into findings. Instead she tells the patients they're wrong and she knows what she's doing.

July 11th, 2010

#1 DOCTOR

This doctor is very intelligent, and she cares a great deal for her patients. She comes across as a little stern. But she is the best doctor you will ever want to have.She is number #1 in my book, and I am glad to have her as a doctor.

February 10th, 2010

doctor with a major attitude issue

I was reffered to this doctor for my seizures. She was cold, condescending and very arrogant. Maybe she should just focus on her teaching students rather than helping patients.I do not recommend this doctor.

June 3rd, 2017