Dr. Barbara Meyer MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Huntersville, NC

February 13th, 2017
Great Practice but not this Doctor
I was excited to have my first appointment after relocating to North Carolina. My children and husband all see Blair Troutman who is the most amazing PA on Earth so I thought I would go to the same practice but see a female DR in case I needed to talk about sensitive woman's subjects. I was absolutely embarrassed, uncomfortable, and just plain confused by her demeanor the entire visit. I had a list of things that I wanted to talk to her about but none of them were addressed because she became fixated on a controlled medication that she wants to wean me off of. I am fine with that but what kind of bedside manner is it to gasp at my medication and make me feel like an idiot for something I was prescribed 11 years ago the first time you see me as a patient? I absolutely hate changing doctors and I have always stayed true to my doctor unless there was a major life change such as a move, but this is going to be my first exception. I do not plan on going back to see her at all. I literally sat in my car for over 5 minutes crying because she made me feel so terrible about myself. This is not how we should feel when we leave a vulnerable situation like going to the doctor to discuss our health. I very highly recommend Blair and Dr. Garcia but Dr. Meyer was a horrible experience for me.

August 8th, 2012
very happy
My daughter and I have been going to Dr. Meyer for a few years now and we are both very happy. I never feel rushed and Dr. Meyer really listens and more importantly she remembers.

October 31st, 2011
Wonderful Dr
Dr Meyer is the most patient doctor that I have ever met. She cares a lot about her patients.

May 22nd, 2010
Never made a diagnosis
She played it safe. I was sick for a long time and had many diagnoses from several doctors. She just never took a stand on a diagnosis. And her advise was the exact opposite of what needed to be done.