inactive

Barbara A Emery-Stolzer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

November 10th, 2016
In a Hurry
I have been a patient of Dr. Emery's for many years. She always felt more like a friend than a doctor. She saw me through some tough emotional times and was always there for me when I had surgery-and took part in my care. But something has changed. She acts likes she resents the time it takes to see me. She cuts me off when I want to talk. She has hurt my feelings. Things are so different now.

October 26th, 2015
I was a patient of Dr. Emery's for more than 15 years during which I never had any serious health issues and would have rated her much higher than I do today. A little more than 2 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and her (and her staff's) treatment of me was unbelievably disappointing. She never once called to see how I was doing, never checked up on me after my surgery or my radiation treatments and when I questioned her on it she told me, "I see all your test results". Really? This wasn't a hangnail - this was breast cancer. In a cancer support group I attended with 8 other women, every one of their doctors had either visited them in the hospital on the day of their surgery or called them that day or the next to see how they were doing. What did I get - nothing. Her staff was just as uncaring. Her nurse, who I also had seen for 15 plus years had no idea I had been diagnosed with cancer - does no one in that office read a patient's chart? I changed to a new PCP and an extremely happy. She's fine for the little stuff but don't count on her in you're ever undergoing a serious medical issue.

October 15th, 2015
Kind and knowledgable
Dr Emery Stolzer has always been interested in my well being, both physical and emotional. She seems up to date in her knowledge base. I trust her.

March 28th, 2014
Barbara Stolzer is NOT a Doctor that you would ever want to see or be associated with. She is RUDE and unprofessional. We all deserve great healthcare so STAY AWAY from her...there are plenty of other great Doctors out there!

January 31st, 2013
She's terrific
I've been a patient of Dr. Emery's for over 20 years and have always found her to be caring and thorough. She has never hurried through an appointment or left one without making sure my concerns were addressed. She's clear in her explanations and has never been an alarmist. She's a great internist who manages to be both kind and professional.

June 11th, 2012
I have seen Dr. Emery upon several occassions and during my last visit I left in tears. She is always in a hurry and is checking her watch so she can rush to her next patient. She has zero compassion towards the medical issues I am dealing with. And after several visits no progress has been made upon the medical concerns I have. She does not recall what she saw me for in my previous visits and does not listen to the issues and symptoms I'm having. She is very quick to write prescriptions for issues, when in fact she doesn't have any idea about my previous medical history or challenges. And she is very opinionated. Very quick to show disregard to patients concerns and very quick to draw inaccurate assumptions.

December 7th, 2011
Lacks respect for the patient. Has narrow-minded strong opinions.

November 9th, 2011
Dr. Emery hours are not covient if you work. Dr. Emery and her staff think there doing you a favor by seeing you. They make you wait while there talkin nonsense in the hall way of the rooms they stick you in. Dr. Emery has an act of prescribing medicine that's very out-dated and there is more current medicine on the market. She doesn't care about the patients but more about the volume of patients, why? Well of course it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$She doesn't want to spend time with anyone.

August 19th, 2011
Caring and thorough. Have seen her for 20+ yrs.

March 14th, 2010
Tired and seen it all. No tact left. Don't go.
I don't need a doctor to sugarcoat anything, but I don't need to pay a doctor to be insulted either. I told Dr. Emery I was on Adderal for ADD and she said, "Almost 50 and still on Adderal? Most people learn to cope by the time they're your age." Well, thank you very much Dr. "I'm Tired And I've Seen It All" but you have no idea about what it's taken for me to get to where I can cope. And I just turned 49, thank you very much. I told her I also had an ear infection, and she was almost out the door before I had to remind her to check that also.