Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Avoid  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

This office is unprofessional and poorly run from the office manager to the nurses to Drs. Barbara and Jennifer Engel. As owners of this establishment, both doctors should be readily available to discuss the needs of the patients (customers) and these two are not. The office staff is inept and should not be working in any setting that involves dealing with people, yet Bayshore Pediatrics seems to hire an entire staff of rude individuals. My best advice, find your child a more caring and compassionate doctor.

|  Do not waste your time or the health of your children  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

this office is the rudest and crudest i have ever been in. the staff is incompetent and access to barbara engel is non existant. they mail out information that is incorrect and that can be extremely dangerous. i would never recommend this practice to anyone.

|  Good doctor...  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Barbara Engel is a very good doctor, working with a terrific office staff. She has a brusk bedside manner, more of a scientific personality, and not 'warm and fuzzy'. But she very accurately assess and diagnoses my daughter, whenever she is ill. She takes her time, is very knowledgeable,and is thorough. I can overlook her behavior because her ability to diagnosis and treat is more important to me.

|  show details
by TB on Jun 24th, 2010

Saw Dr. Engel in the hospital when I had my son and she was "very rude". I chose not to breastfeed my baby and I told her that I was "trying" and she told me in a very rude manner that "I shouldn't try & I need to just do it". After coming home from the hospital my baby had a slight eye infection and after his appointment I needed to call the office and ask a question but when I called the service I NEVER received a return call. After dealing with the rudeness of the doctor and no return phone call regarding my newborn baby I changed doctors immediately! Think twice about using her for your newborn unless you plan to breastfeed!

|  show details
Jan 27th, 2009

She seems very knowledgeable and caring with the children.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Engel has been my pediatrician basically ever since I came to New Jersey. Since I developed mild scoliosis in middle school, she gave m...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com