Barbara J Forseth, MD
Northeast Internal Medical Associates
12702 N Interstate 35
Live Oak, TX 78233
(210) 650-9669
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

by Lisa Settoon on Jul 28th, 2014

I love my doctor she takes the time with you to make sure she covers all your needs. She's the best!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind comments!

|  patient  |  show details
by Herman and Karla Martz on Jul 24th, 2014

Sorry to read those reviews that were not happy with her. This is a place to air out your concerns and comments about your doctor but we think they all need to look no farther than themselves for some concerns with her service. Perhaps it wasn't their day and now they feel a little like they could retract their comments. This is a public site and everyone doesn't share your ideas. We have been going to see Dr. Forseth for about 4 years now and NEVER had a monent where we thought she was unconcerned about our health. She has gone the extra mile and called us PERSONALLY to tell us about some of our meds and didn't have her staff do it. Her office manager Patrica always calls us back when she tells us or sooner. Her nurse (one of them that is) Anna is always on top of things in the patient rooms. Would never think of leaving Doctor Forseth and hope she will always be there also. Think we can really say we love her and her staff. She is so professional and caring and knows her stuff. Would recommend her to everybody who needs a family physican of her kind. Till next appointment we are good.

Doctor's Response

I appreciate your trust and confidence.

|  How thankful am I?  |  show details
by Jimmy B on May 1st, 2014

Dr Forseth has been my primary care provider for the past 12 years and in my humble opinion, there are none better. She has seen me through numerous hospital episodes and in one particularly trying case, she was primarily responsible for saving my life. Dr Forseth carefully and diligently monitors my ails to assure my continued well being. As a former hospital executive I am very sensitive to the care provided not only by my doctors, but the support staff as well. Patricia and Anna have consistently been wonderfully attentive to my needs. In my opinion, there is only one primary care physician and that is Barbara Forseth and I would heartedly recommend her to all,

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your feedback.

|  She listens!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

I am a senior citizen. She takes good care of me. Recommend her.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the recommendation.

|  Fantastic who cares, takes time, & listens...  |  show details
by James S. on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr. Forseth has been my primary physician for the last 5 years. She has always listened to my concern and by that I mean really listen which I thought was a thing of the past. Dr. Forseth truly cares about her patients and that makes it hard to move away and find a new doctor. Some people take for granted who their physician is and that they are working in favor of what's best for you. I would give Dr. FORSETH 100 stars if I could. The medical assistants Patricia and Anna are always prompt with caring smiles.

Doctor's Response

I am so pleased that I meet your expectations.

|  Excellent primary care physician  |  show details
by Jim Webb on Apr 10th, 2014

Dr Forseth comes to each appointment fully prepared. She always inquires as to issues/concerns I want to discuss, and gives me her full attention. She never hurries through an appointment. She or her nurse are good at returning calls. I am fortunate to have her as my doctor.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your sincere appreciation.

|  Ms  |  show details
by Donna L. Miller on Apr 5th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Forseth for about 3 years and have been very pleased with all my results and issues that have been taken care of thru Dr Forseth. Every Speciality Dr she has referred me to has been outstanding and I have had fantastic results from. I have and will always refer Dr Forseth to everyone I encounter that is looking for a Primary Physician.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience. We appreciate the vote of confidence!

Apr 2nd, 2014

staff will not return my calls. I was told to leave a message and Anna would return my call in 48 hours never happen.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry for the delay please call and press "0" and ask to speak to the administrator so we can address your concern.

|  Doctor Review  |  show details
by Lynn Pfohl on Apr 2nd, 2014

The office is extremely clean and comfortable. I was brought into the exam room right on time. Dr. Forseth was came in shortly after the nurse took my vitals. Very Good experience.

Doctor's Response

Great to hear your experience went well.

Jan 8th, 2014

She is a pretty terrible doctor and has a horrible attitude.

|  What is the purpose of a primary care physician???  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

I have been going to her for about 8 years. She is very prompt and very nice; however, she is not thorough. I think she is too concerned about what insurance will cover rather than my overall health. Why do we need a Primary care doctor???? When You have a real problem, just go to a specialist

|  Auto Accident follow-up  |  show details
by Nicholas on Dec 2nd, 2013

Dr. Forseth has been my Wife's doctor for about 2 years. Never had any issues until we were involved in an auto accident. I called for a follow up appointment and she refused to see my wife stating that they legally couldn't see her. Instead she was referred to see an urgent care facility. We will be switching doctors as soon as this is cleared up and find this unacceptable.

|  Saved My Life  |  show details
by Ron C. on Oct 31st, 2013

Dr. Forseth has been my family doctor for many years, recently I was being scheduled to have a colon resection and the surgeon was ready to go .He sent the pre op report to Dr. Forseth and se immediately stopped the surgery because there was a heart problem she saw on the EKG, I had to have 3 stents put in because there was a 90% blockage in 2 artery's. I could have died on the table if not for her keen observations. She is a great doctor with an excellent bedside manor. I am diabetic and she looks after that with great concern.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate your kind words.

|  Wrong diagnosis  |  show details
by Sharon on Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. Forseth diagnosed me with high blood pressure and prescribed me meds and told me I only needed to call in when prescriptions are needed otherwise a routine visit once every 6 months. My follow up appts. were not well monitored and at times I would not feel well and ask if I need to see a cardiologist and see said that was not necessary. Three years later, I got deathly ill and went to the e.r. and was told that I should have never been on that type of medicine and definitely not that strong a dose. The hospital sent my stats to her office and nobody called to check on the matter. Two days later, seek another doctor who told me the same thing and that the meds caused my body system to react which made me sick for 60 days. It has been a year now without any meds and was told my anxiety condition should not have been treated as high blood pressure. I think I should consult an attorney. Doctors like this don't deserve to play off their status. She is no better than a witch doctor. Beware, run don't walk away.

|  Doesn't Listen to Her Patients  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

Her bad judgement costs lives. Friend went to her for a cough for months. Radiologist said it was pneumonia. Dr Forseth said no it's not; I'll take it to my Radiologist hers said the same. Dr Forseth claimed it was allergies...if only it were the case. It ended up being CANCER!! My friend was told week of her Birthday and cancer was everywhere by then and she died less than 4m after that. Heartbreaking...not sure why she stays in practice....

|  The Best of the best!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

Dr. Forseth actually takes the time to listen and address the concerns you have. I don't feel rushed and always greated by the staff with a friendly hello!

by Kathy on Apr 6th, 2011

Overall good experience Caring and friendlyAsked if I had any more concerns before leavingDefinitely would recommend

|  Look eleswhere  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

Better take a recorder On your second visite To prove what she did say the first time visit. And if your over wieghteven definitly do not go there.

|  Dr does not listen and staff is incompetent.  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

I had been skinny, skinny all my life. Then I started putting on weight. Diet and excessive exercise did not help, I kept gaining weight. I made 3 visit over an 18 month period and at all she kept telling me is my weight was fine for "someone my age". I told her every visit that both my mother and sister had thyroid problems but she would not listen. I was beginning to think I would have to become morbidly obese before she would check my thryroid. Finally on my 3rd visit, upon my insistance, she agreed to check my thyroid. They did not call me back with the results so I called them. The nurse told me everything was normal. I asked her, "Even my cholesterol?" because it has always been border line. I was wondering what is was now. She said she would have to call me back. Later she called back and said the cholesterol was slightly high and I should diet and exercise and they would test it again in 6 months. (Same thing I've been hearing for years) So then I asked her for my thyroid test result. She said they did not test my throid. I told her that was the whole reason for the blood work. She said she would have to call me back. Later she called me back and said the thryroid test numbers were so out of whack they tought maybe it was an error. She called in a perscription for my thyroid and told me to come back in 6 weeks. That was the final straw for me. I could not believe they were that negligent as to not accurately report my blood test results. Don't go to Dr Forseth. She does not listen to your symptoms or family history and her staff is incompetent.

Nov 2nd, 2010

too busy for me so i got sicker-

|  Not nice!!!  |  show details
by ashley on Aug 2nd, 2010

I went in to go see her about two problems and she couldn't help me with any of them and all she said was your young and healthy. I was wanting to get a pap done and she said she only does them on special days.And when was the last time I had one cause the insurance covers only one a year. I had to keep telling her that I just got insurance and it was never done on there.But she just ignored me and told me she would do it only on tuesday and thursday. And booked it 3 months later I said forget that

|  do NOT recommend  |  show details
by Marie on Jul 7th, 2010

I went with my mother to the doctor to see if her complaints about her doctor were correct...and oh boy, were they ever! Before she even entered the room we heard her telling a patient that her symptoms were just "old age, and not worth the energy looking into." I leaned my head out the door as they were coming out of the room and the woman had to be in her 60's. Age my patooty. So, my mother is forgetful and had a list of the things she wanted to discuss with the doctor about the new symptoms she's having w/ her condition and the doctor leaned over her shoulder and looked at the list, then said, "You get to pick 2, then our visit is over." My mother kind of stuttered (which is a symptom/side effect of what she has) and the doctor ROLLED HER EYES at her. I was appalled and asked if she treated all of her patients like this or just a trace few and she ignored me. She replied to one of my mother's symptoms with a flippant reply of, "that in itself is not worrisome," to which I told her, "no, but when coupled with the 6 other symptoms you WON'T let her talk about, they are." She asked me if I was paying for a doctor's visit as well then abruptly left the room. I'm tempted to write the insurances she takes and let them know who they have representing them.

|  Highly recommended, not as expected  |  show details
by Jenny on Jul 9th, 2008

Felt rushed during the appointment I had with her. I felt overwhelmed and had difficulty explaining my problem. She seemed in a hurry and impatient when I gave symptoms. It may be that she had a bad day, and too many patients scheduled. I am not sure if I will see her again, but I will try the other doctors in the same office.