A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Gilchrest:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Gilchrest, MD is board certified in Dermatology and Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acne Rosacea
- Light Therapy (Phototherapy)
- Pigmentation Disorders
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Gilchrest graduated from Harvard University , Boston. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Gilchrest has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Boston Medical Center
- Roger Williams Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gilchrest accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans