Dr. Barbara Gordon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Barbara Gordon?

refused to renew birth control for a full year

Posted on September 5th, 2017

Only after the exam was complete, I was told the doctor would only renew my contraception for 6 months. When 6 months was up, I called the office to ask for a new script to be called in. I was (I believe falsely) told on two separate occasions that New York required me to see the doctor every 6 months for this renewal. When my health insurance company followed up on a complaint, they were told it was "office policy." So either I was lied to or the health insurance company was lied to. The only reason this visit could be required is for the practice to pocket the office visit fee, which would not be covered by insurance.

Posted on October 19th, 2013

I went to doctor Gordon's office a few times and each experience was negative.She is very unsympathetic her bedside mannerism is terrible.staff is un professional seems like the staff makes her feel like the world evolves around Dr Gordon.the office is very cold and need a lot of repairs.this Dr misdiagnosed me I did procedure that was unnecessary. I would not recommend this Dr to my worst enemy.The entire establishment needs customer service training and Dr Gordon needs to show more sympathy and care for her patients,I

Posted on October 24th, 2012

Dr Gordon failed to diagnose what was wrong with me without requiring furhter testing. She was unsympathetic and lacked compassion for my degree of pain. Her bedside manner was poor. I ended up in the emergency room and was accurately diagnosed. I would not recommend her services ands would will no longer seek her services.

Review

Posted on July 17th, 2012

Dr. Gordon is very knowledgeable. She is easy to talk to, very frank in dealing with your issues. Answers all questions immediately and gives you all your options. She gives you her medical opinion in the form of your choices and explains each ads and disads. So on the long run you the patient decides what you want. If specifically ask her recommendation she will tell you but would remind you that it is still your decision if there are other options for your case. I would recommend her to all my friends and family. As a matter of fact, I already have my cousins changing their GYN.

New beginning

Posted on April 16th, 2012

I've seen many Gyn since my fist menstration. Dr. Gordon STANDS OUT, amongst them all. Her passion & dedication is undeniable. There's really no question that this is her passion, the ability to listen, evaluate, & empathize is a gift... I thank her for the chance for a NEW BEGINNING !!!!

WONT EVER GO BACK AGAIN

Posted on January 27th, 2011

HORRIBLE I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO THAT OBGYN, SHE SHOULD DO HER JOB AS A GYN NOT AS A PARENT TO YOUNG ADULTS. SHE NEEDS TO BE REPORTED SHE TOLD A PARENT SOMETHIN CONFIDENTIAL WHICH NO OBGYN IS SUPPOSE TO DO UNLESS THERE IS PERMISSION FROM THE PERSON WHO GOT TESTED ! ALSO IT TAKES THEM FOREVER TO SEE YOU AND THEIR WOULD ONL BE ABOUT 3 PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE, THEN WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE OFFICE YOU HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 30 MINS. NEVER GOIN BACK AGAIN.

Posted on October 14th, 2010

I love Dr. Gordon. She is the best OB I have ever had -- thorough, intelligent, calm. She will answer questions, practices good common-sense in not over-medicating. I trust her judgment completely and never feel out of the loop in my own medical process.

Terrible...

Posted on September 1st, 2010

I call for an appointment, they tell me to just walk in. I walk in, there was one other person in the waiting room. I registered. 45 minutes later, I got into an exam room.The Assistant tells me to remove all my clothing and put on a gown.45 minutes later I'm practically naked and freezing from the air conditioning. I peek my head out of the room to see if they forgot about me. They apparently didn't, which leads me to believe it's common practice. By the way, the entire office smells really bad. What was I thinking sticking around? Oh yes, I needed to see a doctor stat. Anyway, she gets into the room and knowing that I am bleeding on my menstrual cycle, she shoves in a speculum (not gentle) and proceeds to scrape my tender cervix with a long q tip. Read: cervix during period is very sensitive as it is, so she scrapes it with a q-tip.Nearly crying from pain, I ask her to stop, which she takes as queue to give my tender breasts an exam, which hurts, given that I have my period. All this is very rough and non challant, while what I came in for is actually to find out if I indeed had a yeast infection.By the end of the appointment she told me to do nothing with my vagina (no fingers, etc) and prescribed medicine for an infection she "didn't see." Even though my vulva alone clearly looks irritated. Then she tells me I did myself a dis service by not letting her do my pap smear. Who does pap smears during the period? All those hormones are just asking for an abnormal result. Rough, long wait, didn't get the job done, office smells funny, and after that scraping I had cramps for 4 hours. Avoid at all cost.

Posted on March 12th, 2017