Dr. Barbara Graham Is this you?

Neutral

December 9th, 2015

Former long time patient

This review really requires two entries: one for Dr. Graham and the other for PA, maureen. I was a patient of Dr. Grahams for 10-15 years. She was without question, the best doctor I've ever been to. However, due to her own declining health, appointments were often cancelled at the last minute. The last time I went to the clinic with pain from a kidney stone, I ended up seeing the PA, Maureen. Without telling me what she saw that concerned her and without having all the test results, she scheduled me an appointment with a surgeon! This was without my prior knowledge or permission. I was so stunned, that I didn't even ask what body part was thought to need surgery. Her lack of communication skills was shocking. Looking back, I am stunned that I failed to quiz her about her thought process, etc. She couldn't have been any more different from Dr. Graham who was an excellent listener and had a collaborative approach. I kept the appointment with the surgeon, hand carrying the most recent test report. The surgeon said she wouldn't charge me for the apt., but to referred me to a urologist instead. A week later, after a CAT scan, Maureen called wanting me to have a chest xray because of something seen during scan. I never followed up. I had had it.

February 15th, 2013

Dr. Graham has recently closed her practice without noitifying her patients. I only found out today when I tried to renew some of my prescriptions. Very upsetting. Dr. Graham was a wonderful physician but years ago she pretty much stopped seeing patients and I have been treated by her PAs. I have found Maureen Shenker to be delighful, easy to talk to, attentive to questions, and efficient. She has never pushed medications and the tests she has ordered have been in line with diganosis and standards of care.

July 1st, 2012

Dr Graham does not see patients

The clinic has two NP who see patients. You cannot see Dr. Graham. I liked her, but her NP's are not as good.

December 24th, 2011

I have been a patient at her practice for 4 years and have NEVER seen the doctor. I don't know if she even reviews the tests prescribed, the test results or the diagnosis by her PA, Maureen Shenker. Maureen is caustic, rude,and sarcastic and reacts poorly to detailed questions. Maureen is also prone to prescribe medications, and has regularly asked me if I'd like something to "take the edge off" for daily stresses. She also is very willing to prescribe pain medications. Maureen is also prone to prescribe a lot of tests, particularly at a Providence Health facility - she has done this repeatedly and the test results have always been "normal or stable" - make you wonder is she's doing it for liability reasons or whatever. When I recently went to St Vincent's Hospital for outpatient tests, one of the staff commented that they see a lot of Maureen's patients and they wonder as most do well on the tests and don't have any symptoms. If you don't care about never seeing the doctor, want to bill your insurance for a lot of tests and want someone who will push medications, this is the medical practice for you.

July 11th, 2011

Never metNver Met her her

I have only EVER seen the Physicians assistant- I think she is a myth. No one sees her anymore. She lives in a mansion somewhere over the???

July 7th, 2011

This is the first doctor that I have seen who actually listened to everything that I had to say. She spent lots of time getting to know me when she became my general physician. The first doctor that didn't just write me off with antibiotics or something. Her physician's assistant is very good as well and probably just as capable. If you want to get to the route of the problem and find a real solution this is the place to go.

April 27th, 2011

Rude and Difficult

Called for an appointment, they wouldn't even schedule me until I provided reams of obscure information that is normally provided at the first visit. Also, I wouldn't get to see a doctor at all, but a "medical assistant". No thanks.

June 15th, 2010

Dr. Who?

I have been a patient of Dr. Graham's for over 15 years. I have not seen her in probably 10. It is nearly impossible to get an appointment with her unless you don't mind scheduling about 4 months out. I happen to. So forget about seeing her if you're actually sick. I have been seen by any number of the myriad nurse practitioners she has had over the years. Even then, it's pretty tough to get in to see the CNP, even if you're desperately sick. I have learned to live without going to the doctor for anything more than an annual physical. If you're fine with that too, then the Graham Clinic is the right choice!

October 13th, 2009

If you call when your sick, you'll either be well or dead by the time you can get an appointment with her. She has PA's who see the majority of her patients. Years ago, when she actually saw her patients herself, she couldn't be beat. So if you don't mind actually seeing her, the office staff are great.

March 18th, 2017