Dr. Barbara Heller DO Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Lombard, IL

2.1

January 4th, 2017
Go somewhere else!
I have never felt so insulted and humiliated my whole entire life! What doctor would make a patient leave in tears?!?? I get referred by a highly reputable orthopedic surgeon and came in my appointment with the biggest smile and sigh of relief hoping my issue will start getting fixed. My right hand/arm/fingers went completely numb 3 weeks ago, then my left hand 1 week ago. Was told different things from different doctors. 1st was carpal tunnel syndrome, then it's not because both of my hands are numb and was told a bone spur pinching a major nerve in my neck. Got referred to her and was completely verbally abused. She asked my background/any problems so I told her. AS (anklyosing spondylitis) , 2 fractures, degenerative disc disease. Which isn't why I was there! That's when she unloaded on me after I told her I'm taking hydrocodone for my pain. And tried to tell me 'I probably don't have any of those conditions ' when I've been getting treated since 2011 for them! After countless blood tests. MRI's, CT's, etc. then labeled me a drug addict and asked if I needed an addiction doctor. Let me also say, I never once! asked her for medicine! That's NOT the reason why I'm there. I NEED my feeling back in my hands. That's why I'm there. Then proceeded to go on and tell me I need another doctor but no one will take me because of the 'drugs' I'm on. That my doctor is a criminal for treating me that way. Last time I checked hydrocodone is not like the bigger 'drugs' like OxyContin , morphine, fentynol, etc. on top of not talking about my real issue WHY I CAME she doesn't let you say 1 sentence without getting interrupted. She asked what my expectations were and of course I was TRYING to tell her to get my hands working again, end the numbness and pain but she cut me off AGAIN and said 'I'm not writing or giving you any pain medicine ' when I didn't even say anything about that! Or even hinted or got close. I'm going there to get my hands fixed! Then she finally went back to the reason I was there and ordered an emg test next week, which I am NOT going to do with her after reading the other reviews about it, which I can see are all truthful. She left the room the assistant came in and scheduled the emg and I was about to go. The doctor barged in and said , 'look what this paper says from your catscan, you have emphysema' and started to put me down, after I told her I stopped smoking months ago. She kept saying I did this to myself from smoking. By then she had me crying , and had the NERVE to ask me if I wanted a referral for a psych test!!! For a psychiatrist! I was done by then. I can't believe her. I wanted to share my experience because everyone has the right to know where they are going and who NOT to trust with their well being. Very unpleasant, unfriendly, judgmental, unprofessional, flat out mean!

December 22nd, 2016
Been seeing her for about 5 years now off and on, for different Problems. Never had any issues with Dr. Heller.

June 29th, 2016
This docor is a total waste of time - If I could give no stars I would
Dr. Heller was suggested to me by my Primary Care doctor. I wish I had checked these reviews before my visit as I agree with the one star comments. Dr. Heller is rude, rushed and disinterested. People should not waste their time or money. Heller should retire or take up knitting. I left the appointment completely amazed that this "so called" doctor is allowed to treat the public. Save your time and money and go see a real doctor who knows what they are talking about.

May 27th, 2015
I've seen Dr. Heller multiple times these last couple years for neck/shoulder problems. She can be brusque and appear to be in a hurry. But I have found if you go in knowing exactly what you want her to hear about your condition and current care, she will give you the time and attention you need. Her diagnoses and follow-up pt/meds care have improved my problem(s) markedly.

April 18th, 2015
Incompetent
Dr. Heller diagnosis was wrong, caused me injury and has limited me for the rest of my life.

January 11th, 2015
DO NOT even consider this doctor!
I have never been to a worse doctor in my life. I had to wait 10 days for an appointment....a long time when you are in pain. When I saw her she spent less than three minutes with me, did not bother to look at the x-rays that my primary had ordered for me to take to her. She did not even touch me, much less look at the area that was causing me pain. She ordered an MRI, for which I had to wait another week. I went back to see her and she told me the MRI was fine. She then just stared at me, as though that answered my problem. When I told her I was still experiencing pain a great deal of pain and could not even move my head to one side, could not sleep due to the pain, and was in tears frequently due to he pain, her response was, "A lot of people have neck pain. It is a common complaint." Then she sent me home, telling me to return in a month for follow-up! Obviously that did not happen. I went to a chiropractor who looked at my MRI and diagnosed a bulging disc. She has treated me for a month, provided physical therapy and disc traction. I feel brand new! Do not waste your time, and certainly not a penny on this doctor!

August 4th, 2013
Run Fast, Don't Look Back!
I do not like leaving negative reviews but seeing others comments Iagree with them. When a Doctor doesn't want to listen to a patient and their concerns it's time to find a second opinion! Good Luck May we all find peace

July 16th, 2013
My sister just came back from a visit with this rude and dismissive so called Dr. She does not listening and rough up my sister. Had opinion's of my sister primary doctor and doesn't know what he is doing. Her exact words were 'he and therapy are not doing anything to help you'. She didn't look at any xray's or MRI of her injury. My sister said she has never been abused by a doctor like she was with this woman..I will also be submitting a report to the Medical Board and encourage them to send Dr. Heller back to school for some refresher courses on patient bedside manner..her last name pretty much summons up the nightmare of experience!!!

October 13th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Heller is honest And compassionate. She always takes time to examine And listen. She suggested treatments to mitigate pain. I appreciate her professionalism

June 19th, 2012
Choose another doctor!
I've seen Dr. Heller for the last few months and I can honestly say I would never recommend her to anyone. The only good thing about her is ease of appointment making and the wait time. I would rather wait longer and have a good doctor actually listen when I talk. Every time I have seen her, she formulates her own opinion and does not listen to any of my comments on physical therapy progress. She is rude and impossible to talk to as a patient. She stopped my treatment prematurely and refused to listen to my concerns about cutting off physical therapy. GO TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR!!

May 9th, 2012
NASTY AND RUDE!
ALL THOSE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS DOCTOR ARE SO TRUE, SHE CALLS HERSELF A DR I WOULDN'T LET HER SEE MY DOG. LIKE I SAID NASTY!!! AND VERY RUDE!!!!

May 10th, 2011
Dr. Bully -
I have never been in the presence of a more nasty, rude and presumptious doctor in my life, and I was a nurse for 20 years before I became a patient. Did NOT perform an examination, and questioned every other doctor treating me, repeatedly snapped, "I can't help you with that." during *her* interview, as I responded to her questions of what my diagnoses were.