Dr. Barbara Hessel MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Forest Hills, NY

• Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2015
For the past two weeks I have called Dr Hessel's office and no one gets back to me. I'm having a procedure done in a week and I need to speak to a live person. This is UNPROFESSIONAL!

February 17th, 2015
do not reccommend
first pregnancy and lots of questions that i feel were to in consequential for her... sends you out to a sonoscan place when you need most sonograms.. what th ehec is that about? some contractual agreement i suppose!.. told me I wasnt gaining enough weight and made me feel upset at myself... so much so i went home and ate 1.5 bags of unhealthy chocolate finally she suggested i go see a high risk dr... i stuffing myself meanwhile it turns out I have a high risk condition thats causes low birth weight wish i was seeing any other DR besides her all along and she didnt even come to the birth. using someone else now.

November 10th, 2014
Don't tell me...you said you have upgraded your system so the patient can talk to somebody?...I tried 3 days in a row to make an appointment, no success!!!! Your answer service would say "hold for a representative"...and after holding a several minutes..."all our agents are busy, please leave a message"....okay you leave a message and nobody calls you back. Committed to patient care?....no you are not!!!
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your review- we are interested in hearing patient comments- good or bad. The fact is there are times when we are all focused on patient care in the office and have difficulty managing the volume of phone calls. The phone system is helping, but we're not there yet. We do have a patient portal which allows patients to schedule appointments, get test results, message the practice, and view account balances. You obviously have web savvy and are comfortable using review sites on the web- I would highly recommend trying out the patient portal and letting us know your thoughts. Thanks- Ed Sandler Practice Manager 718-275-7200 ed_sandler@drhesselmd.com

August 11th, 2014
Knowledgeable
Dr. Hessel is a very knowledgeable, gentle and caring doctor. It is very easy to get an appointment with her due to her flexible schedule. She has been by doctor for well over 15 yrs. Her office staff are very pleasant and helpful.

July 25th, 2014
Great
Always feel like it's a thorough exam and confident in competent care.

July 18th, 2014
Good
Overall experience was positive. Dr. Hessel is courteous.

July 12th, 2014
Comfortable
I went to Dr. Hessel's office for Lila. It was a wonderful experience. I am very happy with my loss. Thanks to the staff for making me feel so comfortable.

July 11th, 2014
Amazing
She's the best. Gloria is amazing, Michelle is amazing, Karey and Nathalie and Luz are awesome in the front desk. Dr. Hessel is an amazing i always have the best experience in this office. The staff deserves a raise.

June 25th, 2014
Very Professional
the whole staff is friendly and very professional.

April 30th, 2014
Wonderful
I love the service and warmth of both staff and doctor. I will continue coming to her.

April 10th, 2014
Great
It was a great and thorough experience as always

April 3rd, 2014
Great
im happy with the doctor and treatment